Trailer Trash

Smoking Wednesdaily (Read 34 times)

NHLA

6 miles Champion Hills. Champion Hills got it's name because Jack Dempsey trained here. The hills are Hebron Mt and three ridges.

You wonder why here till you run there. After 6 miles I felt like I had run 12 miles. It's a great long run when you don't have time for a long run.

QOTD  Asheville 1/2 nx weekend mabe. This is such a hard course you can't really race it but I might try it again.

mtwarden and ATrunner - We might also be heading to Montana next summer! Friends are likely getting married out there. Hopefully we'll roll it into a big western vacation. I still want to see Utah in the summer and Colorado, and Wyoming. Too many choices.

Went out for a nice 4 miler last night, still easing back into running. Will prob go out again for another 4ish miles.

QOTD:  My fall adventure is buying my new house, which we'll be closing on this Friday! Otherwise, nothing else planned.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I had a pathetic 2.5 mile run in 30 minutes...what the hell..I'm losing it or these dogs are really holding me back.  I had an half hour and decided to at least run instead of walk.   Oh well...  got gym planned at lunch full body workout.

QOTD:  I have nothing planned.  Would like to sign up for something though, may do a little googling today.  Friends may come visit my birthday weekend.   I was thinking it would be fun to have a Led Zeppelin birthday party, dress 70s and rock out to Led all night.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Sadly heroin is a problem all over right now.

It has made a very large comeback due to the increased prices of prescription meds (oxycontin, percocet, etc) that used to have the market for a while.  Heroin is dirt cheap.

Got to also watch out for the synthetic drugs nowadays - a drug called K2 really messes people up in the head - causing erratic behaviors, psychosis in some people, suicide and homicide attempts, etc.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

T&C definitely get ahold of me if you make it out this way

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

RD today.. getting all the tent camping gear out, re-waterproofing, etc and giving the kids the dope on it - this'll be the first time for them. I love their enthusiasm.

qotd: Nothing planned after this weekend's race.. I'll expect to do some shorter local things and some volunteering, but I guess we'll see. I ought to take a look at some of those PA races.. . More than anything I'll be using the time to source some kind of cheap backcountry ski setup. Snowshoes are ok, but I'd like to have some options and I sure as hell don't want to do a whole lot of running this winter.

Watoni

Me too. That, and that scene in Pulp Fiction with the Gimp and those rednecks. Whoa!!!

Yup, creepy, but some of that goes on everywhere there are woods ....

Makes my little morning 5 mile "run" in the redwoods (I tried to figure out how to use my son's camera and took a few "hike" breaks) seem very uneventful.

QOTD: Depends on the prognosis: Hopefully a 50k in October or December, and perhaps some time off?

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

RD today.. getting all the tent camping gear out, re-waterproofing, etc and giving the kids the dope on it - this'll be the first time for them. I love their enthusiasm.

qotd: Nothing planned after this weekend's race.. I'll expect to do some shorter local things and some volunteering, but I guess we'll see. I ought to take a look at some of those PA races.. . More than anything I'll be using the time to source some kind of cheap backcountry ski setup. Snowshoes are ok, but I'd like to have some options and I sure as hell don't want to do a whole lot of running this winter.

maybe not what you had in mind, but I'm probably going to pick up a pair of Altai skis this winter- appears to be a nice compromise between snowshoes and skis https://altaiskis.com/

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

Gosh, no, that looks incredible and would allow a ski touring approach to pretty much any trail I run as well as a bunch of other options. A contender - thanks!

Sandy-2

Miles planned this morning: 10. Miles run this morning: 0. Guess I'll call it an URD and do the miles tomorrow.

LB2: Jesh, better watch out or Lousianna is going to start giving Texas and Florida a run for the money in the 'crazy' category!!!!

Qotd: the 100mi and 100k as listed below.

tbd.