Trailer Trash

Cow Appreciation Tuesdailies (Read 21 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Today is Cow Appreciation Day, so if you go to Chick-fil-A dressed as a cow, you get a free chicken sandwich.  End of PSA.

It will get up into the 90's today.  Will try to slug out 7 or 8 on trail after work.

Sandy - Finished watching All the Wild Horses last night.  Incredible race, beautiful footage, and just raw dangers.  What will Devan do differently as a race strategy this year?

QOTD:  Since it's Cow Appreciation Day, what is your favorite protein other than beef?

I kinda have to let bacon sit aside on its own, but I'll stick with the same animal and say bbq spare ribs.  Lobster comes in a close second.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

Never been to Chick-fil-A. My cow costume is at the cleaners, so I guess I'll just have to have a grilled chicken salad for lunch.

Off to dentist for cleaning and then a hot run on the roads.

Sandy - Great documentary.  Who taught Devon to cuss like that?  Did she only have that small water bottle with her?  Saw others had hydration packs.   

Favorite line -  "The way I pick my horses is 70% they have to look strong and 30% the look in their eyes. They have to have that fuck you look in their eyes."

I remember you keeping us updated during he race (as we followed along on the website).  What I can't remember is, was it all the heat, or did she also have an illness going on?

She's a tough competitor. You should be a proud papa.

QOTD:  Chicken.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got up early (4:45) to get 4 miles in this morning to beat the heat; berto- good on you- I simply can't do 90's in anyway, shape or form

DW is meeting several gals from work to go on a hike in the mountains, she's going to take Tiny E- I think there are a few other dogs going too

qotd: I really like elk, but will have to go with bison- I would probably choose bison even over beef; if it wasn't so expensive it would replace beef

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I ran a 2.1 mile fartlek run this morning right at daybreak. It was very good, and my 8th straight day of running. I'll try to do at least 40 days straight.

QOTD: I think I would have to say bison/buffalo, but I eat a lot more deer than bison.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Jamie - saw this warning on Chincoteague FB Page. A little late for you guys,.

Chincoteague.com shared a photo.

There are a lot of rip currents at Assateague beach due to Tropical Storm Chris. Please use caution.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run again...

QOTD:  I don't eat beef or pork.  I was going to say chicken but since you asked what was my favorite I'll say fish; as in sushi rolls.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

No run again...

QOTD:  I don't eat beef or pork.  I was going to say chicken but since you asked what was my favorite I'll say fish; as in sushi rolls.

You're taking this taper quite seriously.

What kind of sushi?  I do love sushi.  My go-to would have to be tuna, the fattier the better.  I used to not like salmon, but I've started to like it more now.  And I like both salmon and flying fish roe too.  Of course, all of it with wasabi!

RE:  Rip tides.  My only (bad) experience with it was when I was a teenager and we were vacationing in Florida.  I was walking the dog along the beach and not many people were out.  A guy called to me and said there was someone "out there".  It was a pretty heavy surf, so I couldn't see any bobbing head.  I was on the swim team and a good swimmer, so I handed him the leash to the dog and jumped into the water.  The tide pulled me out and was near impossible to fight.  I couldn't find anyone after a while and made my way to shore, which was pretty tough, even though I knew to go parallel to get back in.  I went to get the dog back and told the guy I couldn't find anyone.  He said they were ok now.   But yeah, rip tides are no joke.

3/17 - NYC Half

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We need to have sushi together...Tuna and salmon...I like spicy...love my wasabi!!!  Love the fish roe too assuming it's from the same fish.  I like getting a bunch or rolls and sharing.  Japanese beer not so great though.

You're taking this taper quite seriously.

What kind of sushi?  I do love sushi.  My go-to would have to be tuna, the fattier the better.  I used to not like salmon, but I've started to like it more now.  And I like both salmon and flying fish roe too.  Of course, all of it with wasabi!

RE:  Rip tides.  My only (bad) experience with it was when I was a teenager and we were vacationing in Florida.  I was walking the dog along the beach and not many people were out.  A guy called to me and said there was someone "out there".  It was a pretty heavy surf, so I couldn't see any bobbing head.  I was on the swim team and a good swimmer, so I handed him the leash to the dog and jumped into the water.  The tide pulled me out and was near impossible to fight.  I couldn't find anyone after a while and made my way to shore, which was pretty tough, even though I knew to go parallel to get back in.  I went to get the dog back and told the guy I couldn't find anyone.  He said they were ok now.   But yeah, rip tides are no joke.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Ultra Cowboy

Elk has been my main protein source for a number of years now.  I'm catching up in my freezer after a year hiatus.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Bert-o

I lost my rama

We need to have sushi together...Tuna and salmon...I like spicy...love my wasabi!!!  Love the fish roe too assuming it's from the same fish.  I like getting a bunch or rolls and sharing.  Japanese beer not so great though.

Definitely!   And most Asian beers taste like Budweiser to me.  Strangely, the only one I find has any character is from Laos (Beer Lao).  It's the only beer you can get in that country (at least when I was there), since it's still a Communist state.  You can get the regular or dark.

3/17 - NYC Half

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet- hopefully tonight after it cools a little.  Wish I had a cow costume because I love me some chick fil a.

AT: yes a little late but always a good reminder.  I will forever be vigilant when at the beach.

QOTD: poultry and peanut butter.  Not together though...

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

With temps back to 90F it'll be an evening run on the Immaculata campus. All the nearby parks close at dusk, so it's supposedly not allowed to run there after dark when it's cooler.

qotd: most any type of seafood, though I like the 3 B's, bison, bacon, and brats.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Ultra Cowboy

Did 3.8 trail miles at the County Regional park "in town" with RockyGF and her dog Bogey.  She had a rough time since this was her recovery run from our weekend 10 miler.  I forget how it is to be going up in mileage for your first time. I had to reassure her that yes, recovery runs DO suck after you go up in mileage and that it is ok.

She made a wonderful picnic dinner with a Trader Joe's lasagna, a bagged salad, some Petite Creme Brie, and some cold drinks.  We ate in  another city park as the sun set.  Really felt like a nice couples dinner.

WYBMADIITY

Save