Trailer Trash

Wed Nes Day (Read 17 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Free Solo might come to our independent theater in a few weeks. Hope so.

On his Instagram, Alex Honnold said to be patient, because it would be coming "everywhere."  So I sit here patiently waiting for Madison to be added to the list.  I don't like being patient. 

Running is dumb.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

On his Instagram, Alex Honnold said to be patient, because it would be coming "everywhere."  So I sit here patiently waiting for Madison to be added to the list.  I don't like being patient. 

I checked the schedule, and holy crap, they added a ton of locations!  Check out the last one on the list.  Not Madison, but ain't as far as Chicago either. 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/films/free-solo/screenings

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I checked the schedule, and holy crap, they added a ton of locations!  Check out the last one on the list.  Not Madison, but ain't as far as Chicago either. 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/films/free-solo/screenings

Cool!  I'm just going to keep holding out hope that I don't have to drive 90 minutes to see a movie!  Ha.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Let me know if it was good.  It's coming to my town 10/26.

Movie night for me, so no run.  Going to see Free Solo with DW this evening and then we're going to a favorite restaurant in the West Village where we grill our meat.  Yummo!

Dr J - I hear ya with the humidity.  Summer can go bye-bye now.

QOTD:  I really don't have a favorite.  I guess they all have their own unique challenges, and I like trying to come up with a race strategy to deal with them.  Execution, on the other hand, is a different matter.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Cool!  I'm just going to keep holding out hope that I don't have to drive 90 minutes to see a movie!  Ha.

Pretty sure it will be in your hood.  I saw it's showing in Port Townsend, WA.  About as small of a town as they come (my sister lives near there).

I've been reading the reviews of the movie.  It sounds like it's more than just the physical feat but a number of back stories.  I really enjoy the human side in documentaries as well.  I also looked up the route he climbed named Freerider.  It's a 5.12d / 13a and took 4 hours.  Freakin' hell. 

3/17 - NYC Half

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Let me know if it was good.  It's coming to my town 10/26.

Cool!  I'll let you know, but also realize, I'm a bit biased and can't withhold my excitement!

3/17 - NYC Half