Trailer Trash

Monday Morning March!! (Read 19 times)

LB2

Ran an easy 2 miles at 4:30 AM, or was it 3:30? Anyway, it was a good little run. I didn't run this weekend and decided to not take my normal SRD today.

QOTD: What is one avocation that you have never wavered from?

I have never not hunted turkeys in the spring unless I was out of pocket, like when I was in Japan in 1987 and missed the season. I never get tired of it, and I am always just about to explode with excitement as it gets closer.

Right now, I am sort of just enjoying running, but I am not excited about running and haven't been for awhile. Maybe if I hunted as much as I ran I would burn out, but it is so much fun when you have a good place to hunt.

LB2

XtremeTaper

No run yet today but with the extra evening daylight I will get out for something after work.

A couple of run this weekend, a sort of crappy 6 on the trails of Coventry Woods on Saturday. Just could not seem to get moving in the snow. Sort of the foot-printed crunchy stuff. I am of the opinion that we should not have snow on the trails on March 10. Yesterday I drove out to near Reading as I heard snowfall from Quinn was lighter out there and ran 11 miles on the trails of Nolde Forest. Actually had quite a few normal segments of running as opposed to shuffling about. The majority of the trails were snow free, and the snow that remained in the shaded areas was minimal and packed decently. Chilly and crisp in the woods yesterday.

QOTD: I guess I'd have to say golf. I started playing golf when I was 12 and except for a few years in my early to mid20's when I was stretching my dollars, starting my career, and very busy I've always played regularly. I had dreams once of becoming a scratch golfer but 4-5 handicap is the closest I came to that. So easy to make damn mistakes in the game. I am probably about double that now. I started running in my mid 30's but have been a golfer much longer.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

SRD. I was thinking about skipping my run yesterday and running today instead since it is much cooler - but didn't.  Don't know why my legs are still toast, I'm either in need of a cold soak or two or a massage.  Hmmmm.

qotd: I can't think of anything.  I guess I bounce around a bit, I have been running for a long time but I have wavered a lot in that time too.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Starting to feel some improvement. Another night without waking up soaked, so that's awesome. Didn't wake up with a headache today, and that's the first day in 2 weeks, so really happy doxy is working.

Walking tonight.  Usually ans SRD, but this time of year, I like to add a power walk in and do 3-4 miles.

QOTD: (Edited XT's to fit me)  - I guess I'd have to say golf  drinking.  I started playing golf  drinking when I was 12 and except for a few years in my early to mid 20's when I was stretching my dollars, starting my career, and very busy I've always played drank regularly.  

I tend to switch up hobbies since I get bored after a while.  Running has been consistent for decades, but I don't consider that an avocation as much as a health necessity (mental and physical).  Coaching might fit, since I've coached most of my life, but now only help out here and there.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

SRD for me, so yoga and walking later.

wotd: Gardening maybe? I've been pretty steady in running, too, with some decades lighter than others (pregnancy, baby raising, living on boats at sea).

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  I climbed, biked, and ran over the weekend.  I have a small tickle in my throat right now and I'm realllllyyyy hoping it doesn't turn into a cold.  Ugh.

QOTD: Reading, probably.  I've been an avid reader since I was a kid.  Other than that, I guess I'm the bounce around type.  I played soccer all through my childhood and high school, then played rec league as an adult, but I couldn't stay uninjured and eventually gave it up.  It's my 10 year running anniversary next month.  I only picked up biking because I can't stay uninjured running.  I picked up climbing because DBF and the kids picked it up (I'm really enjoying it though.)  I'm hoping I can strike a healthy balance between running, biking, and climbing going forward.  I'm learning that I can't do a lot of just one thing or I'll hurt myself.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

fuc&ing daylight saving- Montana came within a hair’s breadth of getting rid of it- consensus on both sides of the aisle, governor said he’d sign it - a half dozen soccer moms came in to testify against it saying junior wouldn’t be able to play soccer at 10:00 PM and they dropped it- WTF?

on a more pleasant note  Going to try and get 3-4 miles in with Tiny E (maybe DW) on the trails

qotd: well much to the chagrin of my DW (mostly) I never give up on... wait a minute, is that an avocation? 

if that doesn’t qualify- big game hunting; I feel like it’s in my DNA, oh and it tastes good too!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: Reading, probably.  I've been an avid reader since I was a kid.  Other than that, I guess I'm the bounce around type.  I played soccer all through my childhood and high school, then played rec league as an adult, but I couldn't stay uninjured and eventually gave it up.  It's my 10 year running anniversary next month.  I only picked up biking because I can't stay uninjured running.  I picked up climbing because DBF and the kids picked it up (I'm really enjoying it though.)  I'm hoping I can strike a healthy balance between running, biking, and climbing going forward.  I'm learning that I can't do a lot of just one thing or I'll hurt myself.

Change my answer. Avid reader here as well.  It's a Kindle addiction now, as I tend to buy a whole series of books at one time and then go through them.  Of all things in my life, reading has been my most consistent hobby.

Warden - I read an article last year about how much money the US would save by having just 2 time zones across the country.  Was pretty compelling from a business stand point of having California 1 hours behind NY.   When I lived in Iowa, we did everything pretty much on East Coast time. Used to watch news at 10:00 and Johnny Carson at 10:30.  Football was at noon, etc.

DC - We need to hear more about living on a boat at sea.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

Not much running this weekend....spent lots of time with the grandkids and new grand puppy.

No rush tonight, I have to finish preparing a presentation to give at a job interview that demonstrates my teaching style. The presentation is "The Fusion of Two Loves. Running and Spreadsheets." I am planning on it being highly entertaining.

QOTD: Running. Other than motherhood, it is my only constant since I was 18. Damn long time ago.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

The presentation is "The Fusion of Two Loves. Running and Spreadsheets." I am planning on it being highly entertaining.

Who doesn't love a good spreadsheet??

Running is dumb.

GC100k

No rush tonight, I have to finish preparing a presentation to give at a job interview that demonstrates my teaching style. The presentation is "The Fusion of Two Loves. Running and Spreadsheets." I am planning on it being highly entertaining.

Cool. I've been using the same spreadsheet for running for over 20 years. Actually, I split off a new one every couple years, but the guts of it and some pages have been the same for 20 years. In the early years when I ran 5ks and cared about such things, I had it plotting my miles, average and best pace, race performances over time, and a bunch of other things. Wouldn't say I "love" spreadsheets however.

QOTD: guitar playing maybe, although even that waxes and wanes and if I don't have anything specific to prepare for I'm just playing the same licks I've been playing for 35 years. And I've flirted with many guitars over the years but my main squeeze is still my Martin acoustic I got 35 years ago.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I love spreadsheets!  I noodle around in them all day long, both for work and personal.  My running spreadsheet is by far my most favorite. 

moonlight - Good luck in the interview!

Hope to get a short run in tonight before the next snow storm hits tomorrow.

QOTD:  Can't really think of anything that qualifies as an avocation, other than running, since I seem to do that as regularly as anything of life's necessities.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran with the running group and the leader wanted to put together a 14 mile run for some and 31 for others.  I wanted 20 to 22 which put her in a bit of a tizzy but I told her don't worry about it I will added miles were needed after dropping the 14s.  So for whatever reason she got all confused on the trails she knows well,   and the lowest miles were 24, some got 27 as we got tired of waiting for everyone but missed the short cut, and then those who went back out to get their 31. 

The DH was mad that I ran Jack that far (although there was plenty of walking) so I did not run this morning but walked the dogs.  That and my Monday running partner planned on running 14 and did 24 so she was happy not to run today. 

QOTD:  LB learned a new word  but I already replaced it with hobby.  The only one I have never waivered from is partying.    The second is running but I have waivered there too.  Wait..the love of the outdoors...so that's running, hiking, camping jeeping, quading, Mt Biking, boating, kayaking...anything outdoors I am always up for and have never waivered...ok maybe a little when I first moved to So Cal.

AT:  Just read your QOTD...no wonder we get along!

Warden:  Also a day light savings hater.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄