Trailer Trash

Altra shoe (Read 20 times)

Gator eye

Anybody tried a pair lately? Have they fixed the durablity issues they were having?

i be been look hard at the lone peaks but if they are still falling apart after a couple hundred miles like they were a couple years ago i would rather spend my money else where.

XtremeTaper

That's all I run in lately. Lone Peaks and Olympus (trail) and Torin for the road. Can't say I've had problems with the uppers breaking down with the more recent models. My last few pairs lasted quite some time. The newest version of the Olympus is quite an improvement in terms of traction, though I have not tried it yet on wet trails.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Altra show wearer since the first models.  I never had any durability issues that others had, but the sizing was always off on older models.  New Lone Peaks are  very nice.  The toe box seems a bit smaller, but still roomy.  I mix them with Inov*'s and use the Altra's on trails without sharp pointy rocks since they don't have a great rock plate like my Inov8's do.

Olympus model, I use for fire roads and road runs.  Their upgrade seems to be right on with sizing now.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I have a ton of miles on some Lone Peaks. I think they are the 2.5. They are in great shape. I ran one 100 miler in them, never changed shoes. And I run in them quite a bit. I bet I have close to 700 miles on them.

LB2