Trailer Trash

Fridaily (Read 15 times)

Sandy-2

Going to do a few easy miles after work today. It's quite tropical around here and tomorrow it is going to be more of the same.  Warm, very humid, thunderstorms, sunny, etc. perfect conditions for a little jaunt.

jonferg, I usually set a timer for about 1:15 and when it goes off I do a gel. I drink water and then sometimes drink some electrolytes and have some 'real food' that they are serving at the aid station tables.

runtraildc, GL in the HM Sunday.

qotd: tomorrow's the 12-hr thing and then Sunday will probably hang around the house.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

Going to do a few easy miles after work today. It's quite tropical around here and tomorrow it is going to be more of the same.  Warm, very humid, thunderstorms, sunny, etc. perfect conditions for a little jaunt.

jonferg, I usually set a timer for about 1:15 and when it goes off I do a gel. I drink water and then sometimes drink some electrolytes and have some 'real food' that they are serving at the aid station tables.

runtraildc, GL in the HM Sunday.

qotd: tomorrow's the 12-hr thing and then Sunday will probably hang around the house.

It was totally nasty here today as well, just muggy as all get out.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Thank you, gentlemen, good feedback. I read similar reviews.

Tomorrow will be the first test.

I know what mt uses. Queen, XT and Jamie, what are you using for the longer

efforts these days?

Hey Jonferg - For long runs (3+ hours) I will use Tailwind, and Salted Caramel Gu's. I typically will carry one bottle tailwind, one bottle water in both longs runs and races. I also supplement with aid station food. Last 50k I probably went through 4-5 bottles of tailwind. Felt great during the whole race in terms of energy and finished strong. I have had instances (12 hour events, 100 milers) where I start to get sick of the Tailwind even though the flavor is mild and then will just pound water and gu (plus food).

In dog beers, I've only had one.