Trailer Trash

How the heck did the Packers pull that out FRIDAY?!?!?!?! (Read 21 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I like those trails in through there.  I used to run the loop through the park a lot back in the 90's.  I never knew there was such a trail system literally a few feet away.  If I could go back in time, I would have become a trail runner much earlier on.  And btw - no shame in walking up the hills.  Practicing your "power hiking" might actually be to your advantage.

Got in my first training run specifically for the Elkhorn 50K - 5 repeats up Mt Joy ( about .45 miles, vertical gain est 250 ft) at VF NP. Had to walk some of the uphill but downhill was very comfortable albeit a little longer and more gentle than the uphill. Totaled 6.5 miles.

QOTD: Saturday morning run with club somewhere between 6 and 13 miles, post run refreshments at Panera's. Saturday night work. Sunday up in the air.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Then reality slapped me in the face as I was pulled over for speeding in a school zone on the way to work!   That's gonna be over $300 thrown away dollars!!!  No Christmas for me!

Maybe we should start a GoFundMe page for you??? 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I wish..but I earned it I was speeding...I always speed when I am in a good mood and my run made me in a good mood. I also got a fix it ticket for no front license, my jeep doesn't have a place for it, and he let me off on no proof of insurance,

Maybe we should start a GoFundMe page for you??? 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

hectortrojan

I watched the second half and I don't remember seeing anything like that before. What a finish! Tough night for Lions.

QOTD - we are going to set up christmas tree over the weekend.

Ran 15 mile on relatively flat (1000 feet of total elevation gain). Probably half on the road and half on city trails.

AT-runner - Christmas concert sounds fun!

MadisonMandy - I had Altra Torin and have Instinct now. I know what you mean.

Queen of Nothing - You are making me miss trailsSad Yesterday I mentioned to DW that I am planning to go for long run on trails on Saturday AM, but this morning brother asked if he can come over for the weekend to hangout. I would rather hang out with him than go for a long run.

wcrunner2 - Hi! We participate in runners world forum!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I like those trails in through there.  I used to run the loop through the park a lot back in the 90's.  I never knew there was such a trail system literally a few feet away.  If I could go back in time, I would have become a trail runner much earlier on.  And btw - no shame in walking up the hills.  Practicing your "power hiking" might actually be to your advantage.

I spotted a trail today by Knox Farm that I had never noticed before running east along Valley Creek. Probably fairly flat so a good one for easy days. I'm guessing it heads back to Chesterbrook.  Once I feel more comfortable on Mt Joy, I'll tackle Mt Misery.  I tried that last spring and it is a lot steeper and more rocky.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

uphills (and down) will definitely be good prep work for the Elkhorns or any trail race for that matter 

the hill repeat loops I do are unrunnable up (well I'm sure there are few folks that could prove me wrong on that account ), but runnable down- there are several sections on the Elkhorn 50k that are definitely walk, not run sections

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did 5mi along the flat river hike/bike trail.  Really nice pre-dawn cold one, abt 32 deg.

qotd: the foreigners are having a holiday bazaar today that my DW is volunteering at so I guess that means I'm volunteering as well. Not sure about Sunday yet.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL