Trailer Trash

Thankful Thursdailies (Read 22 times)

Daydreamer1

Looks like everyone is either running or enjoying a big lunch/dinner.  Just put the turkey in the oven and heading out for a quick 7 miles on the road. Well it probably won't be all that quick as I've gotten real slow lately.

QOTD:  Since it's Thanksgiving, what are some things you're thankful for.

Recently I've had some interactions with people who are in the lower socioeconomic tier.  These are people that rely heavily on the welfare system. My one co-worker and I were discussing some of these people and came to the conclusion that some of them do not really have the mental ability to function at a high level. We both agreed that we were thankful that we have the ability to make good decisions and understand when we make bad ones and then be able to change our actions.  I hope that doesn't sound elitist, but sometimes I think those of us who may have average or above intelligence spend too much time looking down on those that have a lesser ability to help themselves, when in reality we should be more humble and be thankful for our natural abilities.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Just finished our Thanksgiving Dinner,and DH is cleaning up the kitchen. 

Lots of food, so it did not really become evident that I had lost half of the stuffing by dropping the pan upside down on the floor...

No run, because I started cooking early and had slept in. Planning on a few miles before work tomorrow morning, though.

QOTD: My health, and my ability to run.

I am also thankful that I could talk to my mom on the phone today. My dad called me just at the right time, so I had half an hour to chat. Even though she does not remember the details in my life (marriage, children), at least she still recognizes me. (She's suffering from moderate Dementia).

Run for fun.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Waited until after the Eagles suffered another embarrassing loss to run my 10 miles. Now I get to wait and see what the Packers do to the Bears. Dinner is in the oven, salmon with lobster and rice on the side. Another nontraditional Thanksgiving for me.

QOTD: Been thinking about that off and on all day. I'm thankful for all the things I normally take for granted that make my life more enjoyable: health and healthcare, sufficient income to meet my modest needs, time and funds to do the things I like and want to do.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.