Trailer Trash

Dirty Girl Tuesday. (Read 23 times)

LB2

LB and dpc3 - I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on the new Olympus'.  I love the 1.5's and I might bite the bullet soon since they are getting up in mileage.

Like dpc, I don't pay the full price. I wait until it drops. I do like the Olympus, though. However, I would like the cushion just a little bit softer. I find them a little stiff underfoot compared to Hoka's, but your feet feel fine, even after 100 miles.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet today.  I am hoping tonight for something...not sure what yet.

I have two pair of dirty girls.  I like em but I admit I don't use them all the time.  AT - I am sure many things went through your office manager's mind when she saw the charge other than it could be fraudulent.

Queen - way to get er done this morning!

QOTD: I recently bought myself a new hat.  I always wear a hat when I run and my BluesCruise hat is getting a little worn out.  I am eyeing a new pair of Hokas.  I forget what they are called...speed something or other.  Hoka offers a 30 day no questions asked money back guarentee if you don't like the shoes.  I figure what do I have to lose?

Have a great rest of your day!

"I have the guts to set seemingly impossible goals and then methodically work toward them because I'm a runner. I realize my limitations because I am a runner. I appreciate the strengths and accept the weaknesses of my body because I'm a runner. I know how to keep on keeping on, even when I'm sure I've got nothing left to give, because I'm a runner."

– Dimity McDowell, Run Like a Mother: How to Get Moving--and Not Lose Your Family, Job, or Sanity

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Dreamer - nice ride. What pedals did you put on?

If I'm riding on dirt roads I'll use my SPD mtn bike pedals. If I use it for a faster paved road ride then it will be my Performance Bike carbon road pedals. Most of the time it will be the SPDs I'm just too cheap to buy a pair for this bike so I'll swap them between bikes.

LB2

QOTD: I recently bought myself a new hat.  I always wear a hat when I run and my BluesCruise hat is getting a little worn out.  I am eyeing a new pair of Hokas.  I forget what they are called...speed something or other.  Hoka offers a 30 day no questions asked money back guarentee if you don't like the shoes.  I figure what do I have to lose?

Probably the Speed Instinct. They have a 3 mm drop (25 to 22). I have heard pretty good reviews on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3f4egvphEY

Compared to the Kinvara on the trail. To me, that is great. I loved the Kinvara. But I haven't had a pair in a long time.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Getting ready to face the heat. Watering my flowers outside 

Than a mile or two. I worked 11 hours straight today, so my legs need some relaxing jogging.

AT: Yeah, I also wonder what the office manager's first thoughts were...

QOTD: I am in dire need of new shoes. I got my newest trail shoes two or three years ago, so they have taken me through at least two 100-milers and the training for these. No big surprise they have holes and are falling apart. Road shoes are even older.

I may start looking around again. Everything else is still holding up.

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

Nearly forgot the daily! Five on the home trails today testing out different lap times, then later volunteered at a race series. The kids and I have a spot at a little ravine crossing, warning people. We started calling it the ditch of despair, then came a bunch of other alliterative names (gulch of grief etc) and then that became a song, each week something different. So this was the last one and we made it all positive instead (fissure of frivolity and the like). People seemed to like it, I multi-tracked some versions. Fun stuff.

qotd: I recently had to go with a different trail shoe because Inov8 discontinued the Trailroc, got their Terraclaw 250 and am loving it. Nice widely spaced lugs, good groundfeel, some toe splay in the forefoot while staying snug in the mid and heel, low stack height but 8mm drop helps on rough descents. And I wrote them and told them I'd been pissed they discontinued the Trailroc until I tried the Terraclaw and gave them a bunch of specific feedback and they sent me a bunch of stickers and two Inov8 branded Buffs. Cool company!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

10 miles late in the evening so it was dark by the time I finished.

QOTD: One of these days I need to buy a headlamp. I did buy a vest for my Montana trip that holds two bottles and has space for a bladder, though I haven't gotten one yet. Knowing me I'd have problems keeping the bladder clean.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.