Trailer Trash

What day is it Wednesday (Read 27 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Not sure if I'll get in a run today. Maybe with my pacer on the bike. I hope he won't yell at me... but he's not that type.

AT: Kudos for so much self control!

Jamie: nice to have you back running again. I might be looking for a pacer for Grindstone, just sayin'...

Traildc: hope your Wednesday gets better soon!

LB2: nice run.

Lace: don't you just hate it when a race all of a sudden appears out of nowhere! (On a more serious note, that happened to me with MMT because I never took it seriously that I was climbing up the waitlist a few spots every week.)

Mandy: the bike is nice, no doubt. But you are nicer. 

Taper: how do you grow the canna so quickly? I never had much success with these - a privacy fence would cover just the parts that it says.   Or is  that what you meant?

Sandy: ice cream is definitely a summer favorite for me. I don't like ice cream in winter.

DD1: I wonder what the deer were hiding from... 

Queen: Good thing the fall was softly cushioned. Maybe you should feed him more to get an even more plush feel.

Gator: Sounds like the right diet to me!

AT: Enjoy the trails! Usually lasts for me until the next hard fall.

QOTD: any kind of fresh fruit. Summer ripened and local are best.

Run for fun.

dpc3

Quick 3 with the devil dog this am, sluggish getting out of bed at 4.

Nice work folks!

QOTD: fresh fruit and veggies from the garden. I put in a blueberry bush, plum and cherry tree this year so I hope next year they will provide a plentiful yield.

XtremeTaper

Taper: how do you grow the canna so quickly? I never had much success with these - a privacy fence would cover just the parts that it says.   Or is  that what you meant?

Couch - I dig these bulbs up late fall and replant in spring. I have 4 large trash buckets full of bulbs.. not sure where the original came from but we've had them now for dozens of years.. the bulbs tend to multiply and I pitch a lot out now in the back forty in the fall. To plant, I dig a shallow trench about 4 foot by 20 foot long and throw the bulbs in with some plant fertilizer. I pack the bulbs into the trench very densely since I have so many. That's it... By early July we have a solid row of stalks about 5-7' high. Red blooms shortly thereafter. I should have had them in a few weeks ago so it may be late July before skinny dipping is allowed.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

some call me Tim

Just a quick 3 on the home trails today. It was supposed to be more but I had some unexpected design work come in - this is a very very good thing.

qotd: I like fruit as much as the rest of you, but I'm going with push-pops. They're a favorite from my childhood and every summer at some point the kids and I get a box and then make little cars with the plastic bits after we've polished them off.