Trailer Trash

Fridailies (Read 35 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Strength training, and helping DS finish a winter break project. Truth be told (even though I look stupid admitting it), before I looked it up in my know-it-all-translation dictionary, I did not even know what a diorama is.    Well, now I do...

Getting ready to register for the Massanutten 100 lottery!!

QOTD: "The Witness Wore Red" - a true story about a woman who was raised in the FLDC (a fundamentalist Mormon group still practicing polygamy), who was married off as the 19th wife to their prophet (he eventually had married 65 wives before he died), and who eventually brought the corrupt and self-centered self-proclaimed prophet, who had succeeded this woman's husband as the leader of the group after the husband's death, to justice in the worldly world.

A bit lengthy toward the end, but a good story to which I can relate, being somewhat familiar with Muslim extended families and the practice of polygamy there.

QOTD2: This is the most difficult question for me if temps are in the 40's. Above that, no big changes, my usual shirt and a thin fleece jacket, or just a fabric windbreaker. Perhaps both if its just around 40 and windy on top of the rain or drizzle.

If it's much colder, say 30's or below, it's a long-sleeve tech shirt (my usual winter shirt), a thin or thicker fleece, and my rain shell (Patagonia). Thicker fleece only if it's really cold, or very windy.

I always need waterproof, or at least water-resistant mittens in the rain, even at higher temps. Hat is my winter wool hat.

Winter socks (Drymax, they are not very warm, or Smartwool), and my normal shoes (e.g. Cascadias).

Run for fun.