Trailer Trash

175/July Challenge ...who's in? (Read 32 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Goals:

1: Be alive when you get there .   Looks like it may be the hottest day of the year .

2.  Hit 50 miles. My limiting factor here will be my lack of really long runs.  I have no individual runs of over 20 miles since the end of April and only two longer back to back runs.

Since this is a flat course I'm planning on trying to 10-11 minute miles for the first 2 hours then do more walking as it gets hotter.

Long runs (in training) are overrated.   When I arrive I will first look in the ice bath to see if you are there.  

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Long runs (in training) are overrated.   When I arrive I will first look in the ice bath to see if you are there.  

Until fairly recently, I would not agree with that. However, I was looking back at my last two 100 mile run training data. Not that anyone should do what I do, but. I seem to have about 3 key long runs leading up to a long event: 2 50K's or 6 hour runs, and one 40 mile to 100K run about three weeks to a month out. The rest of the runs are no longer than 4, 6, or 10 milers. I do quite a few 10's leading up, but I don't count that as long.

I was looking at that data and thought that I must have a ton of 20 milers in there, but most of the "longish" runs are in the 15 to 18 mile range, like 3 to 4 hours. I didn't run fast in those races, but I ran them comfortably for the most part. I am defining "comfortable" as not having any issues with fitness". I had issues, but those issues had nothing to do with actually running or moving forward. The last one I was figuring on my first sub 24 hour run, and I was probably close to that at 100 miles, maybe 25ish. Too bad the course was long and I was lost as a goose for some time, adding more mileage. But that is hardly the point. You certainly don't have to run 100 mile weeks to run a good 100.

I won't make 175 this month.

LB2

Sandy-2

I'm at 55 miles so far, still trying to gingerly build it up.  So far so good considering on July 8th I had a total of 3 miles.

The goal is to make it to triple digits.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

170.5 after today's 14 mile trail run.

You people have issues 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I totally blew it this past week with 0 miles, 0 motivation, and a 50K coming up in less than two weeks. Is this what you call a reverse taper?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Fsocks - nice!

wcrunner - reverse taper?? You may have just coined that phrase.  Be careful it might stick with you.  Best of luck though!

I sit at 149ish miles and a week to go.  I should be good for the 175.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

wcrunner - reverse taper?? You may have just coined that phrase.  Be careful it might stick with you.  Best of luck though!

No, it's a common phrase in the marathon community to describe a post race recovery schedule.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Daydreamer1

161.1 miles. I should make 175, but I have a sore spot just behind my left big toe. No real blister, just a reddish area that developed yesterday afternoon. Might have to put in some bike time so that might put 175 in jeopardy if this doesn't heal quick.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm at 117 which was what I had for June and there arte still 6 more days left.  That's only 9.67 miles a day... doable but won't get done.  Going for the 150 though.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

dpc3

I am at 120 miles will likely get between 150-160. The weeks following the race didn't go as planned but oh well.

Sandy-2

As of this morning I'm into triple digits.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

15 today and 209 for the month. Bring on the August Challenge.  Smile

You people have issues 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Finished with 121.9 despite taking off an entire week.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good month for me.  I am not going to try for more miles than that in August. I think I will aim for 150ish but get in some good training at the gym to compliment it.

muppy

I hit 181 miles  for the month! I really didn't think I had a chance with working so much, fixing up our new house and moving.

Looks like everyone did great, congratulations!