Trailer Trash

Tame Tuesday (Read 21 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It is Tuesday folks and nearly noontime.  I had a nice hard workout at the gym last night.  I am really pounding the #%$* out of my legs but they are getting much stronger.  I looked at my running log today and it says 31 days to Hyner - I suddenly had an excited yet nervous feeling in my stomach both at once.

QOTD: Do you like Art? either looking at or doing your own?

I grew up with a sister who loved art so I went to many museums, been to a few in Europe (Paris and Brussels).  I also dabbled in painting when in HS.  But I have not been so involved in any of that in the last 10-15 years.

The recent attacks in Belgium reminded me of my time there and the sites, hence the question.  I didn't want to ask about thoughts on the terror attacks.  I am sure we all feel disgusted.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Gator eye

8 with the dog

QOTD: I'm not into art, I've been to "arty" events but if there would of been a good excuse out I would of took it.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Okey joggy jogged 2 miles with the mutts...plan is to do a real run after work. 

QOTD:  Art funny timing on that question since I just  thought about visiting my niece this morning and she likes to go to museums...I do not.  So I don't want to go to SF.    But I do like art.  I like creative things and I like color.  I've played in some medias, beading, weaving...would like to do some more but lack the time.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Should have called this "To busy to Run Tuesday"  Jamie.  I have three days in a row off and was planning on doing three runs of >11 miles each day with plenty of time to get other things taken care of.  Then my Brother-in-Law died Sunday night. Now we have the viewing and funeral on Wed and Thursday, so everything that needed to be done is pushed to today.  So I'll probably settle for a 7-8 mile road run each day just to get something in.

QOTD: Do I like Art? Of course I do! Art's a nice guy. He'll do anything for you and is funny to boot .  For some reason this question made me think of a guy I knew at my first job.  He was a customer and always treated us young, dumb kids very respectful.  Always liked to see him come in.

Now as far as creative art. That depends. If it's random paintings that you have to stare at for awhile, then I hate it.  If it's something that clearly defines it's objective then I might like it. One thing that comes to mind are the landscape scenes that I have seen that are built with great precision and require fine touch. In those I can appreciate the artist's work.  So I guess that's the type of art I like. Something that is clear as to what it is depicting and required skill and patience to produce.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my backcountry safety presentation went well yesterday evening, probably 40-ish folks showed up- more than I was expecting with public speaking not being my favorite thing in the world

going to strength training this evening (now is the time for the "Marchers" to strike!)

qotd: my oldest daughter is very into art, she constantly impresses me with her talent, is definitely not from her Dad (or Mom)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I have 4 miles planned for after work.

QOTD: Actually, my favorite class in college was Art History. I have no talent for art in the sense of drawing or painting pictures. However, there was a time when I could glance at piece of art work and usually tell you who did it or at least the influence. I can also listen to a piece of music and normally pick up enough from a few notes to tell you who does it. I guess that comes from exposure, not any type of talent.

LB2

runtraildc

Late arrival to the party today, but it seems as if today is a light running or light posting day.  Today might end up a rest day, with a bunch of walking already in around errands earlier.  Getting ready for spring break.

DD- I'm sorry to hear about your brother-in-law.

qotd:  depends on what you consider 'art'.  Not much for museum going (at all), but I do have a lot of artwork around my house, usually things picked up on travels and they have a sentimental attachment.  And then my garden, that of course, is true art-- a jumble of plants and weeds, bare dirt, bees and damn deer and rabbits. 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Late arrival to the party today, but it seems as if today is a light running or light posting day.  Today might end up a rest day, with a bunch of walking already in around errands earlier.  Getting ready for spring break.

qotd:  depends on what you consider 'art'.  Not much for museum going (at all), but I do have a lot of artwork around my house, usually things picked up on travels and they have a sentimental attachment.  And then my garden, that of course, is true art-- a jumble of plants and weeds, bare dirt, bees and damn deer and rabbits

Art is in the eye of the beholder, right?  Well right now our landscaping is a blank canvas. We finished (well almost finished) stripping the yard of everything. We have a flower bed out front that is pure nothing.  Now to come up with a plan!

DD - sorry for your loss.

AT-runner

Tim

Good afternoon Trailers.  Checking in from Hilton Head Island.  Got down Saturday around noon, and DW and I have put in over 40 miles so far over the past 4 days. Beautiful weather for running, but a bit chilly to be on the beach in anything less than a long shirt.  Ran 16 miles today n Pinkney Island. Saw a lot of people out viewing birds and a few on bikes, but no other runners.

Dd1 - sorry about tour BIL.

QOTD:  I do love art, and took a few classes in college on Art History (which is 180 degrees from my Chemistry classes). Architecture is what I really love. Sunday we walked around Savannah, GA and the old houses and churches there are spectacular.  Growing up in the DC area, we used to go to museums quite a bit, and I think that's were I learned to appreciate good art.  I also like the beauty in nature. I have no artistic ability.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

rest day.

qotd  There is a Rembrant at Bob Jones univ. There are no words.

Stark home Orange TX. Largest collection of western art. A guy place.

bagge_pants

7 today easy, yesterday was rest and Sunday was a hard 20 minute heart rate test, I now have current training zones to use.

QOTD: I'm an artist. I've been in a few group shows. The first one was called Manufactured Inspirato and there were maybe a dozen of us in it. We had to manufacture our art 100X and display all of them. About half of us hand made our art. Mine were robot figurines made out of styrofoam board, electrical tape and gold spray paint. I think it took maybe a week to make them. I also like photography and sketching. I used to work as a graphic production artist with an emphasis on packaging design, print advertising and apparel/product graphics.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

7 today easy, yesterday was rest and Sunday was a hard 20 minute heart rate test, I now have current training zones to use.

QOTD: I'm an artist. I've been in a few group shows. The first one was called Manufactured Inspirato and there were maybe a dozen of us in it. We had to manufacture our art 100X and display all of them. About half of us hand made our art. Mine were robot figurines made out of styrofoam board, electrical tape and gold spray paint. I think it took maybe a week to make them. I also like photography and sketching. I used to work as a graphic production artist with an emphasis on packaging design, print advertising and apparel/product graphics.

That sounds very interesting.  Do you have any pictures of the robot figurines?