Trailer Trash

Softy Saturdailies (Read 19 times)

Daydreamer1

There's a cold wind blowing, Temp in the low 30's, a scab on my foot that my running shoes rub. I really, really need to run, but I'm a softy, sissy today,  so I'll put in a session on the trainer and elliptical. At least it will burn calories and get the heart rate up.

QOTD: Anyone in any type of funks right now.  I'm in a big running funk. Just don't feel like it for some reason. Trying not to push myself out the door and just get my time in on the indoor equipment and hoping that the desire to run returns. Going to sign up for a race tonight to try to inspire myself.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I was going to call it Super Bad Saturday since I did 6 mikes on the TM while watching Super Bad, go McLovin!

QOTD:  Funk yes, run funk maybe, life funk definitely, job funk definitely,  and now the holidays which are lonely with no family around.  I almost signed  up fir the Rim Trail 50 mile lottery to try to get motivated but I didn't finish.  I hVe one more day to decide.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

6 miles Eagle Rock. Chilly run.

qotd  first pain free run in 8 weeks.  No funk! Took off more time than in 15 years but body feels great.

Mabe I needed a break. Need to do a long run and see if I'm ready to sign up for something.

runtraildc

Got in 5 miles with the group this morning.  Coldest morning this winter-- low 30s, but sunny.  Was hoping to get out for another run this afternoon, but a nap took precedent.  I'll have to make it up tomorrow.

qotd:  maybe a bit of life funk. Running has been going well since I started this streak after Labor Day.  Ends NYE, so I need to figure something different out for the new year.  

NorthernHarrier

It's sort of a whirlwind weekend since I had a wee bit of time so I did the drive up to the shack and got here just before dark. Need to check on things since it has been awhile. Driveway has been plowed and since the ground wasn't froze yet it looks like I'll be doing some drive repairs come spring.  LOL!  2"-3" of this white stuff on the ground, they have had more but it has been somewhat tropical for here and it has melted. Getting dark when I got here but it looked like a little open water out there too. Might be froze by morning as it is in the low teens right now and might get down to 5F tonight. Open water on Dec. 19th here is just wrong.

Worked a few hours this morning and then did an interval session in the Arb. It was a struggle with dead legs but I did fight thru it. While there isn't enough snow here for true snowshoe running I'm gonna still give it a go tomorrow as I have some races coming up.  Might also have to do some backcountry bushwacking as the conditions are perfect for getting into areas that are normally inaccessible but with the current frozen ground and minimal snow, easy stuff now. Have compass, will travel.

QOTD--No funk here. Life is grand. I like winter. I don't stress over work or I'll quit. I'm at peace with aging and realize I'm on the downhill side of my personal running peak. It's all good.   DON'T you just hate happy people??     Isn't the act of running supposed to cure the funkiness?

Adding- A few days back I did sign up for a 50k in the south. (Blackwater 50k, Florida)  It will be kinda weird running a somewhat flat trail at sea level.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Getting ready for a run - tomorrow.  Unexpectedly I'll have a day off.

No run today.

Interesting how most of us perceive the fairly cold weather now as "cold", even during the run. I don't remember us complaining about cold last winter - I think we were spoiled in the past few weeks, and now we are a bit sensitive? Including me, especially.

QOTD: Running funk, maybe. I haven't been running as much as usual in the past few weeks, mainly because it is so difficult to coordinate family, kids, work and running with my new work hours, but I've also been lacking some of my usual drive. So right now I run when I feel like it and don't force it. I'd like to run maybe two 100-milers next year, and I'll see if I'll get in shape for an early summer one. Maybe later in the year, who knows.

Life funk, and work funk, yes. I'm struggling with feeling the effects of getting older, like illnesses or injuries not healing up as quickly as they used to even just a year ago, getting tired more easily (probably not from getting older, but due to overall exhaustion), having to deal with a few lingering pains, etc. . At work, trying to find ways to get hours that match my needs better, and scrambling to keep up at tasks of physical and manual labor with kids 30 years younger than me, who are speedy fast, motivated, healthy, and strong. They make great co-workers, though. 

Run for fun.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Only my second run this week.

QOTD: Definitely in a running funk, which is not good with a 24-hour race at ATY in just over a week.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.