Trailer Trash

Monday, Mondaily, so good to me.... (Read 30 times)

Watoni

Worked most of the weekend but got two short runs in ... maybe same today? Again will try to post a pic or two but having to upload to the cloud and then post is a pain since we cannot use those sites as work (or is there an easier way)?

QOTD: Snickers

Daydreamer1

So far Monday has not been good to me. I was up most of the night putting up with the antics of druggies. Don't mind if I don't get a long nap when I'm at work if the people really need me, not just trying to find drugs or taking too much of them.  So I came home dead tired and just crawled out of bed.  Looking at getting in a 7.4 mile loop in the hills around the house.

Lace - Snickers?  Really?   I just finished flipping through the latest Hammer Nutrition Endurance News.  They really don't like simple sugars and that Snickers is really loaded with with it.  So......did you clear that with your sponsor ?

Jamie - Good job getting your wife out on the trails. Remember it's not about speed it's about time.  At one time DW was much faster walker then me, no I just stroll along while she hobbles along, but I keep dialing it back to her speed so she doesn't feel bad and quit.

QOTD: I hate Reeses Peanut Butter cups, especially the big cups. I hold them responsible for my weight gain and inability to lose weight . Of course my taste buds love them. It's like feeding crack to a druggie. If I avoid the candy isle in the stores I will sometimes leave without a pack........most times I lose the battle .

some call me Tim

5 at race pace on the home trails today.. still a little sore from the weekend but now it's taper time!

qotd: Butterfinger is a longtime favorite, truly dangerous to have around are Lindor Truffles. Not much chance of the latter, but neither of my kids are big candy eaters and I can usually sneak their mini Butterfingers post-Halloween if I do it incrementally

Occasional Runner

Lace - Snickers?  Really?   I just finished flipping through the latest Hammer Nutrition Endurance News.  They really don't like simple sugars and that Snickers is really loaded with with it.  So......did you clear that with your sponsor ?

I don't use it for endurance fuel. I just think they're delicious.

OBMedic

Crappy weather helped me make the decision to give my ankle another rest day from running. I did however get to do some indoor bouldering plus some lifting and a little core work. This summer really started me into cross training and I've definitely noticed a positive difference in my performance. There were quite a few days where I skipped runs to go Mtn Biking or climbing with co-workers. At first I stressed about losing ground in my running fitness, but I actually drastically improved. We have a 7 mile loop with 1200 feet of elevation gain that all employees have to run at least once a season. The first time I ran it, it took me 75 minutes. By the end of the summer I ran it in 62 minutes. I attribute my improvement mostly to the Mtn Biking, and I plan on incorporating a lot more of it into my training. I say plan on it because I bent the frame of my bike and I am still saving up so I can get a nicer one this time.

QOTD: I normally stay away from candy but if I do indulge it's always Twix.

Upcoming Races

Nutcracker 12 hour- 12/15/15 (Depending on Work Schedule)

Everglades Ultras 50M- 2/20/16

Black Mountain Monster 24 hour- May 2016

www.alwaysmoretogive.com

Sandy-2

I did an easy 3 miles Monday after work.  The course of the 100k I'm doing goes about a half a mile from my apartment so I went over that way to run a little bit of it around a little peninsula. For some reason the little peninsula is a very popular running/hiking loop that is about 1k around, people ask me all the time if I run there (btw, I don't run there for obvious reasons).  I guess since the 100k goes by it, they decided to do a 'ceremonial loop' around.

Today (Tues) is a SRD.

qotd:  You mean to tell me there is there other Halloween candy besides Reeses Peanut Butter Cups?

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Did get in 8 easy before work. Got home from work a short while ago and treated myself to several fun size Snickers. G'Night.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.