Trailer Trash

Stormy Saturdailies (Read 17 times)

Daydreamer1

Looking at the national weather map it appears that most areas are having decent weather, however, we in the northeast are again having storms and rain.  Going to try to get up on the mountain for about 10 miles. I'll keep an look out on the weather and wait until the worst of the storms pass. The rain doesn't bother me because it's fairly warm. It's the wind and possible lightening that I don't like.

Good luck to all the racers out there.

QOTD:  What percentage of your shopping is done online vs in a store?  For our family I would say that we probably spend about 25-35% of our dollars online. If I were to exclude food items then we might spend as much as 60-65% online.  UPS and FedEx are very familiar with our location.

NHLA

Cradle to Grave 30k.  Fell and hit a tree with my forehead. Knocked me out cold. I never felt the ground.

Three runners picked  me up and I ran a bloody three miles to med. tent. It took 20 min to clean and butterfly my head.

I did not think the doc was going to let me finish but I passed the concussion test.

Damn I was runnning very well before that happeded.

I look like I have been in a motorbike wreak

qotd Don't know  my DW and DD do all the shopping.

NHLA

runtraildc

Didn't run today (and didn't run yesterday as I said I was going to ).  Just returned from the gym - quick workout.

Holy cow, NHLA! nice motorbike wreck (or bar fight).  And congratulations on the finish.

qotd:  minus food, 60-75%.  We have lots of stores in walking distance for most of our needs.  If we didn't have that, it would be close to 100%

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yard work day.

qotd: The most I shop is food.  Minus that I really don't buy much so maybe 50/50.   I'm trying to go stuffless.

Oh NHLa.....owe awe ouch!!!   Hope you feel ok.  Way to tough it out though. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Cradle to Grave 30k.  Fell and hit a tree with my forehead. Knocked me out cold. I never felt the ground.

Three runners picked  me up and I ran a bloody three miles to med. tent. It took 20 min to clean and butterfly my head.

I did not think the doc was going to let me finish but I passed the concussion test.

Ouch, ouch, ouch.  Glad that you were able to finish and didn't need any real stitches or staples.  Pulled up some pictures of the race from previous years and it looks like a nice event. Just told DW that we need to do a long weekend down that way sometime so I can do one of the races in your area.

Now for a little semi-professional advice.  Just because you passed the concussion test doesn't mean that you don't have one. Simply being knocked out by a blow to the head indicates a concussion by most standards.  Pay attention to how you are feeling for the next several days. If you develop headaches that increase in intensity, visual disturbances, problems with speech, balance or motor function or basically anything that is quite out of the ordinary, you may want to make a visit to the local ER.  The problem that I would be concerned about would be some bleeding inside the skull, especially if you take any type of blood thinning medication or a lot of Aspirin, or Ibuprofen.

Sandy-2

Slept in then only had time for a 5 miles today, but actually ran it pretty quickly (for me anyway).  Also did core training.

NHLA, damn you hit the tree on the way down? Must of hurt.  You should listen to the semi-professional advice above.

qotd: very little due to the international shipping fees.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Nothing much, just a little 50K on a 400m track after which I emptied my stomach of all the fluids I'd been drinking that my stomach apparently did not want to absorb.

QOTD: Aside from eBooks for my Nook, I do very little on-line shopping.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Daydreamer1

Nothing much, just a little 50K on a 400m track after which I emptied my stomach of all the fluids I'd been drinking that my stomach apparently did not want to absorb.

Not sure I'd want to do 50k on such a short track. Was that indoor or outside? Either way that would be a test of mental endurance.   Congrats on finishing even if the stomach didn't cooperate.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Not sure I'd want to do 50k on such a short track. Was that indoor or outside? Either way that would be a test of mental endurance.   Congrats on finishing even if the stomach didn't cooperate.

Outdoor, and thankfully I was finished before the cold front and rain came through. Those in the 24-hour and 12-hour didn't fair as well.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ok ....Sundalies...ran 15 with the mutts 2 friends and on of their mutts.  It was a great run... Perfect weather sunny and cool

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

I was going to drive down to the AT for a 14-15 mile run. 16-20 MPH winds blowing sleet and rain sideways changed my mind. This is the middle of May darn it. Cool is OK, sleet is not. Ended up doing a hour on the trainer.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

We should probably do a weekend daily since there is not usually much posting (not saying that is a bad thing since most are out running and/or enjoying life.

Did a double this weekend.  Ok just 8 and 8 but I was doing well just to get out the door.  Lots of projects done this weekend - put up ceiling fan, finished part of fence outside, finished whitewashing the fireplace for DW, mowed the super high lawn.  Lots of school work and grading some school work.  Now it's Sunday night late and I have a lot of work to do on a submission for school - that is due tonight! Time to get going...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday