Trailer Trash

Thirsty Thursday (Read 20 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a little time at the gym last night.  Not sure what tonight has in store but it will be something.

QOTD: What is your non-alcoholic beverage of choice?

I drink Gatorade or Powerade.  DW thinks it's gross that I drink them like people drink soda but it works for me.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice run in yesterday evening; going to try and get 5-ish in this evening

qotd: water   I don't drink any pop/soda, occasionally (very) an ice tea or lemonade in the summer, same for iced lattes

if you include coffee/espresso than my two daily two shot lattes would then be at the top of the heap

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Good morning all.. my regular routine was broken up a bit this week due to work related travel up to Allentown. That said I've been running, and had an interesting run last night on some new trails. Well, new to me. My run was up at the Trexler Nature Preserve. I ran the boundary trail which could be best be described as very hilly single track through open fields and meadows. Very light tree cover. This area is fairly close to the blue mountain range so is full of undulating foothills so to speak. Some really nice views at the top of a few hills. It was fun but very different than my regular trails at home. So open, and very few rocks for PA trails. The loop was 8.5 miles but I tacked on a few extra minutes and called it 9.

QOTD: Ice water.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

muppy

Got in 6 last night, mix of road and trail. Stopped at gym for a quick workout on the way home.

QOTD  I usually drink coffee, milk, and water and that's about it. i'd I like drinking those fruit flavored V-8 drinks but they give me heartburn too much.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well my run was a bit eventful last night.  I pass a house every day and the dogs follow the fence barking.  Then the one dog will attack the other dog as if say, "No their MINE!"  So at this night run they are out front with the humans.  That dogs see's us and charged!    I must say I panic.  I usually yell no and step in front of my dogs and it usually works.  I said nothing.  The one jumped on Jack, I dropped Earl's leash.  The man grab the 2nd dog and held him.  I screamed get the other dog.  I tried kicking their dog in the head but I am such a softy I pulled my foot away at the last minute.    I think the women finally got a hold of her dog and pulled him off Jack.  In the meantime we are all in the middle of the road that is on a curve and cresting a hill.  I was waiting for a car to come and hit a few of us.  I ran away, checked Jack.  Couldn't believe there was no tears on his neck, no blood.  So continued the jog for 6 miles.  The people were waiting when I returned and were very apologetic.   It's all good no one good hurt and the adrenaline carried me up my steep hill. 

Today at work early and planning to run after work, maybe go a little more than 6 to make up for the last 2 weeks.  Hopefully dog clear.

QOTD:  I have to say water.  I don't like to drink anything with calories in it if it does not supply a buzzzz  I do have coffee in the morning but keep thinking I should quit because I put creamer in it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Well my run was a bit eventful last night.  I pass a house every day and the dogs follow the fence barking.  Then the one dog will attack the other dog as if say, "No their MINE!"  So at this night run they are out front with the humans.  That dogs see's us and charged!    I must say I panic.  I usually yell no and step in front of my dogs and it usually works.  I said nothing.  The one jumped on Jack, I dropped Earl's leash.  The man grab the 2nd dog and held him.  I screamed get the other dog.  I tried kicking their dog in the head but I am such a softy I pulled my foot away at the last minute.    I think the women finally got a hold of her dog and pulled him off Jack.  In the meantime we are all in the middle of the road that is on a curve and cresting a hill.  I was waiting for a car to come and hit a few of us.  I ran away, checked Jack.  Couldn't believe there was no tears on his neck, no blood.  So continued the jog for 6 miles.  The people were waiting when I returned and were very apologetic.   It's all good no one good hurt and the adrenaline carried me up my steep hill. 

Today at work early and planning to run after work, maybe go a little more than 6 to make up for the last 2 weeks.  Hopefully dog clear.

QOTD:  I have to say water.  I don't like to drink anything with calories in it if it does not supply a buzzzz  I do have coffee in the morning but keep thinking I should quit because I put creamer in it.

Good restraint.  Not sure I would have been able to hold back.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Ran on the beach today and around the Plantation. Short run and long walk yesterday with DW.

QUEEN : WOW   that would get the heart rate going. Bet your next mile was the fastest.  Not proud, but I kicked a dog once and broke his ribs. It was right after he bit my leg and he was coming back for a second bite.  I was the 4th person that dog had attacked, so in hindsight I wish I had kicked the owner.

QOTD:  At work it's Iced Tea or Diet Pepsi. I don't drink coffee, but I like the caffeine boost.  At home it water and milk.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

muppy - I missed you by a day at Valley Forge. I ran the Mt Misery and Mt Joy trails today.

QOTD: hate to say this, but Pepsi followed by other kinds of soda, then various cranberry juice blends and coffee.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sue (or anyone for that matter) I would look into a 3 or 4 ounce OC spray- fog type for the range/coverage. Works like a charm on dogs, but also lions, bears and would be assailants. They are small, about the size of a salt shaker, so pretty easy to carry. Typically dogs that get sprayed rarely repeat the behavior.

We we have a pitbull terrier (old as Methuselah now) that was a little animal aggressive. My DW and would always walk him on a leash, always. My wife bumped into a gal with two dogs, unleashed and warned her off and suggested she leashed her dogs. Evidently that gal didn't take that advice and a day or two later she met her again with her two dogs off leash. The dogs thought it good sport to attack our dog, my wife wisely let go of her leash. The dogs were taught a very important lesson about the hierarchy of dog fighting and next time she saw them they were leashed 

so so in lieu of OC spray, you could always pick a pitbull

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi this morning. I guess I'll call this a cut-back week since I had to skip a day.

I'm actually going on an impromptu group run tomorrow morning, someone on a local FB group asked me to show her one of the trails I run on and now there will be about 5 of us going.  It's supposed to rain so it will be interesting to see how many actually show, I'll be there thou.  Should be nice to meet some other new trail-runner types over here.

qotd: coffee in the morning and water later in the day. But I'd rather drink diet coke though.

tbd.

bagge_pants

Yesterday was 3 and 3 split, recovery and medium effort hill seats, today was 6 easy on hills

QOTD: seltzer water plain. Or seltzer water and orange juice or seltzer water and grapefruit juice. Every now and then I'll give in and have a Barqs rootbeer or grape soda or ginger ale. I also like milk.