Trailer Trash

Sunny? Sunday (Read 29 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's not quite sunny out there.  Not sure if it will get there or not today.  Was good weather nonetheless for 15 this morning.

Spent the morning yesterday picking strawberries with the kids.  Hauled in a total of 19lbs.  Spent the afternoon washing, drying, freezing much of that for use throughout the summer.  Kids had a blast.  It's sure to be become a family tradition.

QOTD: Does your family have any traditions?

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

5.2 Trail miles yesterday.

QOTD Not too many traditions, we tend to just do different things when we feel like it. The only one I can really think of is fresh sticky buns on Christmas morning before anybody could open presents.

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work so this is a SRD. Probably a good thing. Got in a little over 11 miles yesterday afternoon.  Took my new Asics Gel Scouts out for the first time. Certainly a lot less padded then I've become used to. Ended up beating my feet up quite a bit. Also had one mild ankle roll. Kind of proves that I can roll a ankle regardless if I'm wearing a maximal or a more normal shoe.

QOTD: If going on vacation every year is a tradition then I guess that would be one. We always try to go somewhere out of the area every year. DW and I both love to travel.

some call me Tim

14 hilly road miles this morning. Tiring around mile 10, I realized I'd forgotten to eat breakfast. I lowered the intensity a bit and made it through, but it was a tougher run than I intended and it's taking some time to get my energy back up.

Mmm, strawberries. I think we have some in the fridge, to which I have given myself a free pass for the day.

qotd: Tons. The one we're waiting for now is Firefly Night, where I leave a section of grass next to the woods unmowed in the spring and just as the nights start to get warm we get tons of fireflies and get the kids out of bed so they can chase and collect(a few years back, my eldest wanted to stay out there all night, running ahead of us yelling, "Follow My Rule!").Some years it just doesn't happen, and thus far the nights have mostly been just a little too cool, but mark my words, Firefly Night is coming!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

It's sunny here (still, but perhaps not much longer), but I've spent the day at work so far. Hoping to get out for a few miles in the evening.

Jamie: I love picking strawberries with the kids. When I lived in Germany, we had a strawberry field very close nearby, and we would go there at least once a year.

Muppy: Sounds like a tradition I could like!

QOTD: Not many with my family now, mainly because DH does not (want to) stick with things, so it's hard to build up traditions. Coloring eggs on Easter is one, and me putting seasonal tablecloths on the family table for Christmas or Easter is another. We are now trying to establish a tradition of going on a camping vacation in the middle of summer every year, with the boys fishing with Dad, and this seems to work.

Run for fun.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

qotd: Tons. The one we're waiting for now is Firefly Night, where I leave a section of grass next to the woods unmowed in the spring and just as the nights start to get warm we get tons of fireflies and get the kids out of bed so they can chase and collect(a few years back, my eldest wanted to stay out there all night, running ahead of us yelling, "Follow My Rule!").Some years it just doesn't happen, and thus far the nights have mostly been just a little too cool, but mark my words, Firefly Night is coming!

darg: Thanks for the reminder. We have "Firefly Night", too. The boys go out and catch fireflies in a jar, and they keep the jar as a "lantern" in their room overnight. The next morning, we release the fireflies. I almost forgot about this one.

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

Couch,

Yeah some of them are small, but I'll bet they wouldn't slip past the kids. They eat consistency like that up, and honestly I think it's really good for all of us... rhythms of life.

I have to admit that things have changed since I was a kid. My daughter made her first firefly lantern last year, and the first thing she did after catching them was to go inside and search google for 'what do fireflies eat?' !!

Sandy-2

Ok after my 'cutback' week this past week I have decided to get my ass going and start the slow build-up for UTMF, starting today (Monday) with a SRD of course.....  ;-)    Anyway, the schedule says 15 weeks to go, so it's time.

Did 15 mi over and back on the mountain on Saturday and then 8 mi with some speed yesterday along the river.  It was kinda funny on my early Saturday morning run, I was planning on doing my run along the flat river, but I was sorta half asleep and in 'autopilot run' mode.  Before I knew it I was starring at the trailhead, somehow I just zoned out and headed for the mountain without thinking about it, of course I simply had to carry on, turned out to be a great run up on the single track.

qotd: We have some traditions, but right now we are a little spread out, Korea, Tenn and Texas so I guess we are falling into the 'change things up' category as well.  However we try to make do with what we can via phone or Skype.

tbd.