Trailer Trash

Labor Day Weekender (Read 21 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

2 miles, BUT without getting dizzy or nauseous and almost passing out afterwards. In my books, that's a huge success.

Maybe after my 6-month hiatus I should really start out not at my usual 8- minute pace (it's a road, just up and down the lane, mind you), but rather at 10 or even 12 m/m? Especially at above 80 degrees?

Now I just have to do this more often, and eventually I'll be back to the ultra distances in no time, like two or three years...

AT: nice sky!

QOTD: I have been through a few storms, hurricanes, typhoons (it's the same, anyway, just in a different place), blizzards, but a bad one was a blizzard at my in-law's place, in the DC area, which dumped three+feet of snow, lots of ice, and then we were out of power for 5 days. At least for this, a real working fireplace can be a blessing.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

survived the Rut Run (rr to come)    hit the gym yesterday for some weight training, going to try and get in a short recovery run this afternoon

qotd: I've had to ride out quite a few wintery storms out working, no hurricanes here -  most memorable storm recently was backpacking with DW in the Crazy Mountains, turned from a pretty mild day- upper 60's and partly sunny when a fast moving storm rolled in just as we were hitting the lake we wanted to camp at (10,000-ish feet).  A very cold rain that quickly turned to sleet that chilled us out in a hurry- add some driving wind and it was a pretty touchy situation.  I got the tent up as quickly as I could (hampered by the wind); we got in quickly stripped off our wet clothing and got into our sleeping bags, both us shivering and teeth chattering.  The wind hammered us that evening (had to be gusts very close to 50 mph) and tested our tent (it would lean so hard it was almost touching on the lee side), sleet eventually turned to snow and we woke up to about 4-6" of the white stuff!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Dude... So ummm tell us how you finally got warmed up!! 

I got the tent up as quickly as I could (hampered by the wind); we got in quickly stripped off our wet clothing and got into our sleeping bags, both us shivering and teeth chattering.  The wind hammered us that evening (had to be gusts very close to 50 mph) and tested our tent (it would lean so hard it was almost touching on the lee side), sleet eventually turned to snow and we woke up to about 4-6" of the white stuff!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Ran a little bit this weekend, but not too much.

QOTD: I have ridden out tons of storms: Some typhoon in Japan, Hugo, Andrew, Katrina, Rita, and a few more whose names escape me.

LB2