Trailer Trash

Thursdaily, a repeat of yesterday (Read 23 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

More rain and cool temps. Not sure what I'll run today since I was tired enough to sleep in until 9:30 am.

QOTD: Today is about food. Shopping yesterday, I was indecisive as usual at the cheese shop. Finally decided on a Leyden cheese, which I've never tried before. What are your favorite cheeses? I have several depending on my mood, including butterkaesse and brie.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

muppy

7.5 miles last night.

QOTD Swiss is my favorite, but always heard cheddar makes everything better!

XtremeTaper

7 mile plan continues. Last night was about 7 miles along green lane reservoir, red trails. The easier side of the lake. More mist and drizzle, but saw the last of the bluebells, the dogwoods are in bloom, and the honeysuckle was nearly overpowering in places, so still nice. I might end up with 8 miles tonight. French Creek or Birdsboro watershed. Given the weather, the watershed trails seem more appropriate.

QOTD: Sharp cheddar is my favorite.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Got in 5 miles last night with the group. all roads, but I needed the motivation and accountability of others so that was my choice. Nice neighborhood route and it was misty and cooler so overall, it was a nice run.

qotd:  Not a big cheese lover, but if I do eat it, a nice sharp cheddar works for me.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

My plan is to run tonight for 6-7 miles.  Another gorgeous spring day here.

QOTD:

Cheeeeeeesseeee, Gromit!

I love cheese in all its various kinds and forms.  Brie is always a favorite, but not an every day kind of cheese.  We go through A LOT of cheese.  I like semi-soft white farmer cheese, extra sharp cheddar, anything with garlic and dill mixed in, Munster, Colby, Pepperjack...

I like Gouda only if it's not smoked.  I am picky about my Swiss.

Running is dumb.

NHLA

LB2

Probably another 4 to 5 today after work. I really feel good right now, but I want to take it slow coming back off a 6 week lay off of pretty much no running but lots of hiking. I have about 5 or 6 weeks before I start a training plan that will take me through to my next event.

NHLA: Oh Hell yeah!!!!

QOTD: I do not have a great deal of knowledge about cheese, but I can eat extra sharp cheddar all day, everyday. I love it.

LB2

NHLA

6.5 miles around the mt. Saw a field full of turkeys. I was able to hide behind the bushes around the creek and got close.

qotd  pepper jack from M&M. Craft made fewer preservatives.

LB2

6.5 miles around the mt. Saw a field full of turkeys. I was able to hide behind the bushes around the creek and got close.

qotd  pepper jack from M&M. Craft made fewer preservatives.

How close did you get?

LB2

Daydreamer1

It's been a stressful week so I really need to get out for a run. Looking at grinding my way through at least 8 miles.  I always feel better after a run, but when the extreme levels of stress hit it's difficult to get going.

WC - Sometimes sleeping in late is just what you need. I didn't crawl out of bed until almost 9 am myself and I went to bed 3 ours early last night.

Xtreme- Wish we had more honeysuckle around here. It always reminds me of my Grandparents farm in Maryland.

QOTD:  I eat a lot of cheese but not many different varieties.  The go to everyday preference is Pepper Jack.  The more occasional flavors are often a Cheddar based cheese with some type of added flavoring,

Gator eye

I love the smell of honeysuckle, can't wait for spring to hit MI.

Rest day, got tomorrow off and plan on getting a long run in tomorrow

QOTD: I love blue cheese and extra sharp, although I've never turned down a piece of swiss.

NHLA

How close did you get?

10-15 yds. They were in the bend of the creek so I got close.

NorthernHarrier

Well you know it's spring in northern Wisconsin with the emergence of a north country phenomenon--the Black Fly. Looks to be another "fine" hatch. Far more prevalent and do their breeding in clear moving streams of which I have one about 200 yds from my cabin. Any lingering about outside right now means a headnet and some deet. Fucking brutal!

Anyway as Mandy said, a beautiful day in our state. Stopped on the way north to run a 10 mile loop at one of my most favorite systems. I have a recon mtn. bike trail session on some newer trails in Upper Michigan tomorrow. Supposed to be some epic flowing single track through old hemlock along a wild river. Sounds great, eh?

QOTD:

Cheeeeeeesseeee, Gromit!

I love cheese in all its various kinds and forms.  Brie is always a favorite, but not an every day kind of cheese.  We go through A LOT of cheese.  I like semi-soft white farmer cheese, extra sharp cheddar, anything with garlic and dill mixed in, Munster, Colby, Pepperjack...

I like Gouda only if it's not smoked.  I am picky about my Swiss.

+1  Pretty much can't add anything to that.  New Glarus may be known more for it's beer these days but it still produces some of the worlds finest cheeses too. Not much better than drinking some beer and cutting the cheese!

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 14 miles on the C&O.  Didn't have time to make it longer as had to get to the airport to pick up DS, who is in from Oregon for a few days.  On the way home we stopped at his favorite pizza and beer place and some of his local friends joined us. Then they took him out for some Cinco de Mayo drinks, and I'm old and work tomorrow, so I came home.  Oh to be in my mid 20's again.

Run was nice and a little spooky. It's been over 15 years since I've been on this section of the C&O and this area doesn't get much traffic. Trees were blowing and some light drizzle and I kept turning around to look behind me because I heard noises.  Didn't see a person on the trail the while time, so must have been ghosts.

QOTD:  Blue cheese on steaks or salads and Havarti or Gouda on sandwiches.  I agree with Mandy and stay away from the smoked Gouda.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Ultra Cowboy

Weights and 2.8 warmup run.

QOTD

Point Reyes Blue Cheese

Joe Mattos Portuguese Cheese

Spring Hill dairy or Petaluma Creamery Pepper Jack

WYBMADIITY

Save