Trailer Trash

Psycho Thursday (Read 38 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bella and I did a hike for 5.5 miles (at Donald, for NorthernHarrier, who seems to have disappeared again )  It was very nice to get back out on my trails after doing the biking thing so much recently.  Plus the dog was very happy.

QOTD: Ummmm, does an expensive bike count?  I do love it so far.  I haven't needed to buy any new running gear in ages.  I do have a brand new pair of Montrail Mountain Masochists just sitting in my closet waiting on my return.

Running is dumb.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

DW and I have made a firm decision to move. The plan is to quit our jobs and move to Beacon, NY

in the Hudson Valley region.

Congrats and welcome to the Hudson Valley!  Looks like you'll be about 2 hours North of me...you will never run out of trails in that area!

**Ask me about streaking**

Sandy-2

Short version is; we're in our mid 40's and just want to live somewhere nice.

Cool, best of luck to you! Where are you moving from?

I know two people who gave up great jobs in a large city to move to a nicer place, they have never regretted it.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jonferg67

Endless trails

Congrats and welcome to the Hudson Valley!  Looks like you'll be about 2 hours North of me...you will never run out of trails in that area!

You nailed it; Mt Beacon in our backyard, Bear Mountain across the river and 20 mins from a little trail called

the Appalachian something or other.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Cool, best of luck to you! Where are you moving from?

I know two people who gave up great jobs in a large city to move to a nicer place, they have never regretted it.

Now that's the shit I like to hear! Life is too damn short to screw around. We're moving from SE Mass., about

an hour south of Boston.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

You nailed it; Mt Beacon in our backyard, Bear Mountain across the river and 20 mins from a little trail called

the Appalachian something or other.

Sounds like a crappy trail.  I'll look you up if I ever fulfill my thru hike dream.  Congrats on the upcoming move!

Running is dumb.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Sounds like a crappy trail.  I'll look you up if I ever fulfill my thru hike dream.  Congrats on the upcoming move!

Sounds good; I'll be the unemployed, bearded guy wearing Asics with a huge smile!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Poor Earl hasn't ran in two days because I was out of town.  DH was saying you need to run Earl, he's depressed.  But I over sleep so I owe him an after work run.  Planning on 6.

QOTD: No but I need to buy a handheld flashlight for pacing Jason...any suggestions?  I googled old posts and came up with Fenix LD20 and Black Diamond Spot?

Jon: Congratulations.  I did that in my mid 40's too and haven't regretted it, although miss the $$$ sometimes.  I also dream of Hiking the AT...maybe with Mandy.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

QOTD: No but I need to buy a handheld flashlight for pacing Jason...any suggestions?  I googled old posts and came up with Fenix LD20 and Black Diamond Spot?

Jon: Congratulations.  I did that in my mid 40's too and haven't regretted it, although miss the $$$ sometimes.  I also dream of Hiking the AT...maybe with Mandy.

I have the Fenix LD20.  It's great - I recommend it.  Let me know when you're ready for our AT hike Smile

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from a 34 mile bike ride. Most of it was in the rain. For some reason I actually enjoy riding in the rain.

QOTD: The last new running item I got was a Ultimate Direction back pack. Not even sure of the model without going and finding it  but it has a 100 oz bladder and two water bottle holders. I like it. I actually like the slide closure on the bladder better then I thought I would but the bite valve needs to be replaced with a camelbak one.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

QOTD No new gear, except for the Dirty German finishers backpack which didn't work very well for running, too large and bulky with straps that dug at my arms.  On Saturday wound up using my camel back sans bladder to carry a change of clothes for the RVRR "Train"ing run ...26.6 miles at mostly 12:00 pace...arriving at the picnic just in time for beer and food.  Met a little old 77 YO woman who ran 13.6 trail miles at 9:30 pace that day.

Rest day today.. Just saw a very .. um.. Imaginative RR on the-site-which-must-not-be-named from a young woman who wrote a comic strip instead of the usual report for her first trail 10k.  Captured the essence of trail racing pretty well.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6 tempo miles, part in the warm rain quite enjoyable. Some speed is back again, although I am still slower than pre-pneumonia. But it felt much better than just a few days ago. QOTD: just two pairs of shorts with a longer (5") inseam to prevent chafing in my next 100M. They seem ok, but I am not sure. You just never know about chafing until after mile 60, and I'm not about to run this distance before the race. Also just realized that I'lll need a handheld light, perhaps getting the fenix. How's the battery life of that one?

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

Jon: congratulations on your upcoming move. I think it is awesome. I hope you and your wife find happiness there. It is good to make decisions instead of letting life and circumstance decide.

Planning a night run after I get my hair done. Day off tomorrow...hoping for fun and long miles

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k