Trailer Trash

Pawnee - Buchanan Loop RA Adventure (Read 24 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Great report!  And loved the awesome photos - both yours and warden's.  Weather looked perfect (minus the windy parts).  Unfortunate (but not surprisingly) you and Jess ran out of water so quickly on that one section.  Glad some angels found you when they did. I'd definitely be interested in the next rondy, wherever that may be!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

Great report!  And loved the awesome photos - both yours and warden's.  Weather looked perfect (minus the windy parts).  Unfortunate (but not surprisingly) you and Jess ran out of water so quickly on that one section.  Glad some angels found you when they did. I'd definitely be interested in the next rondy, wherever that may be!

We were able to fill up our packs at a stream about a mile and a half after we saw our Trail Angels, but yes, they helped us.

Help with some ideas for the next RA group run.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

"Guess which one is from Wisconsin."  LOL.  Nah, being from Wisconsin has nothing to do with it.  I assure you, I am very much from here and I would be all bundled up.  Al is just tough.

How nice of you guys to share your cabin with the bromance team!  I take it Al took my suggestion and brought some Moon Man, along with the ho-hum Spotted Cow?

Holy hell that run sounds like a beast.  I've been up Mount Audubon, so I know exactly where you guys were.  That is some tough shit.

So glad you guys were able to do this!  Sounds like it was a spectacular time.

Ummmm, so when we start planning for 2019, I would just like it throw out there that I will NOT be doing a 30 mile run.     Actually, maybe we could do a little backpacking if people were interested.  Between me/Al/Mike, I bet we have a ton of extra gear.  And I hear Sue is willing to carry in a blender and margarita mix.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Ummmm, so when we start planning for 2019, I would just like it throw out there that I will NOT be doing a 30 mile run.     Actually, maybe we could do a little backpacking if people were interested.  Between me/Al/Mike, I bet we have a ton of extra gear.  And I hear Sue is willing to carry in a blender and margarita mix.

Anyone up for hiking the Tour du Mont Blanc?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Looks like an awesome trip!  You guys so scored on the weather!  Altitude dehydrates you more.

Took me a minute on the WI joke...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Looks like an awesome trip!  You guys so scored on the weather!  Altitude dehydrates you more.

Took me a minute on the WI joke...

I was in long sleeves and a vest, DW had on 2 shirts (short sleeve and a long sleeve), Warden had on a long sleeve shirt and a light jacket and NH comes out in a Speedo and a Tank Top . 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mandy- yes- the Moon Man was great, probably the best of the IPA's I sampled there (and there were quite a few! )

George- I'd love to, but probably a couple of years out for me anyways

Al and I were kicking around the idea of a possible fastpack of the Maroon Bells/Four Pass Loop (Colorado)- roughly 30 miles in two days as one possibility

One other I was thinking about is the Gallatin Crest- take off from Yellowstone and finish near Bozeman at Hyalite Lake- roughly 45 miles, two days- either fastpack or there is a possibility of renting a USFS cabin right at top of the Crest- Windy Pass which is almost exactly half way.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Belatedly catching up... looks like a great trip with good company and amazing scenery!

Have not had Moon Man IPA, intriguing.  Not sure if it's available out here.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

AT-runner

Tim

Belatedly catching up... looks like a great trip with good company and amazing scenery!

Nice beer. Low on the Hop side for an IPA.  Nice pineapple first taste. Warden and I had no problem making sure they did not have to go back to WI.  

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

It's not.  You'll just have to come visit!    Or show up at the next gathering, apparently!

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

*Bump* - Hard to believe this was 4 years ago. 

Nice bump Tim- that was a great trip!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

I was in long sleeves and a vest, DW had on 2 shirts (short sleeve and a long sleeve), Warden had on a long sleeve shirt and a light jacket and NH comes out in a Speedo and a Tank Top

LOL!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR