Trailer Trash

WTF Trail Moments (Read 74 times)

tjrun

.........but ususally I'm out there for hours and see no one (which makes me question my sanity - a small female, alone, out in the middle of nowhere).

Slogger,  I'm with you on the small female out in the middle of nowhere alone thing, but I never see anyone where I run.  Thank goodness

The only time I've ever had any problem was years ago in Houston along the Buffalo Bayou.  I was briefly chased my a pantless man......before I go on, let me just say "Eeeeewwwww!", but I balled up my fists and yelled, "GET AWAY FROM ME OR I'M GONNA KNOCK YOU FLAT, I SWEAR!!!!!".  I guess I was convincing even though he outweighed me by a hundred pounds; he turned around and left.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I was on my lunch trail 2.5 out and come back.  So I pass an old man leaning a a rock right at almost the turn around, so ya know I am coming back.  He had head phones on.  He's walking with walking sticks and bent over shirtless and has to be over 80.  So I say hey. Nothing, excuse me, nothing louder, EXCUSE ME!  nothing.  It a part of the trail I can get around him and scare the shit out of him.  In slooooow motion he bends down, yells, falls to the ground, rolls over and into the gully next to the trail.   Of course he yells at me telling me I should have warned him, I try to tell him I did and I try to offer assistance getting her back on his feet, but he was too pissed.  So I just left him alone as he request.

Good stories...especially the deer running along side you and oh I forget the other but on lap top so not looking.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Early last december I was running around the edge of a bit of woods on a cold (low 20s) windy day thinking I was the only crazy dude out in nature.  I took a glance to my left and about 30 ft into the trees saw a barrel chested man standing shirtless feeding what was growing into a rather large bonfire.  Baffled by the strangeness, I continued on and two miles later glanced into the woods to my left to see a group of 5 people (all fully overcoated) sitting around a smaller campfire with a picnic blanket spread out.

Watoni

At the risk of TMI, here is the welt (is minor, but it stings for sure a day later)