Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 34 times)

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trailers!

I'm getting ready to grab my headlamp and hit the mountain trails for 8 or 9 miles this morning.

Busy day! Packing for Boston, having a 2nd interview down in Salt Lake, have some maintenance work to do at the business we own and need to run by the body shop and check on the progress on the Land Cruiser. Our flight to Boston is EARLY tomorrow, so everything needs to be done today.

I hope y'all have an amazing day!

QOTD: Where do you buy your running clothes? LRS or online?

I only have to buy shorts because everything else is provided, but we don't have ANYWHERE to buy running attire in Ogden. We have one LRS and they refuse to stock any appreciable amount of running attire. I'm super particular about my running shorts, so I end up sending most pairs back. WHen I find something that works, I have to stock up!

Gator eye

Morning all

6 quick forgettable miles this morning.

QOTD: I get most of my stuff online at runners warehouse because for the most part they have decent prices, quick shipping, and a good return policy. I ve returned shoes, packs, clothes, water bottles without a problem. I often wonder what they do with the shoes that get returned, specially the ones that have a few miles on them. They can't re-sell them as new and I ve never received a worn pair of shoes.

I like to buy a few things from the local LRS as they support quite a few local races but they don't carry a lot of stuff I like and there prices are way out of line compared to ordering online.

runtraildc

Morning trailers!   Catching up on the last few days- got some miles hiking in badlands nat'l park with my boys , then last night got in 4.5 miles a section of the centennial trail in the black hills.   A mix of single track and access roads.  Ran thru this beautiful little canyon.  Tried to get some pics, but my phone died.  My borrowed springer's been fun to run with, but he's a little out of shape after a lazy winter.

Occasional Runner

then last night got in 4.5 miles a section of the centennial trail in the black hills.   A mix of single track and access roads.  Ran thru this beautiful little canyon.  Tried to get some pics, but my phone died. 

I ran 100 miles on that trail one time. It's a mix of awesome and awful.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning everyone,

I'm happy to report that I'm back among the running again, I did 3 miles this morning and didn't

have any issue with my calf. 3 miles never felt so damn good! I had to back out of 2 races this

month (Marathon/50K), but I hope I learned a good lesson from this injury. I was 1.5 miles into

my run when I started planning something longer for Saturday, but I should probably practice a

little restraint.

QOTD: I use Running Warehouse and Holabird. I ran with guy last month that works at Marathon

Sports and they do a good gait analysis thingy-I may try that at some point when I need new shoes.

I'm picky about shorts too, tops I don't really care about. Most of that stuff is way overpriced bc it has

a company logo on it, so I look for deals.

Birdwell

Morning.

Got in 4 late last night. Had planned on 7, but it never felt "good" so I cut it short.

I'm still ahead of my goal in term of miles, so I'm not going to feel bad about a single run.

QOTD: I bought one pair of shorts from sports authority, decided I liked them, and found 3 more pairs online. Haven't bought a running shirt on over 1.5 years. I buy socks through running warehouse (swiftwick).

It was a crisp clear morning for our morning trail run.  We ran a very brisk pace for 4 miles and an easy half mile cool down.

QOTD: It varies.  I buy shirts at places like Ross when they are real cheap, REI (online) when there is a super good close out sale, and sometimes the Nike outlet.  Shorts I usually buy someplace like Dicks or Sports Authority if they are on a good sale or the Nike outlet if not.  Shoes I try to find last years model on line at closeout prices.  If the price is good I buy at least a couple pairs.  If I have to pay regular price I go to the LRS whose prices are pretty good.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning, 9 fast miles up and down the mountain, it was fun. Nice and crisp, and all the birds were out and singing. QOTD: shorts either at runningwarehouse, or directly online at Saucony. They fit me, and I like their style. I haven't bought a shirt in a while, and the last ones were from Saucony (summer), or the LRS (winter gear) on sale. I have made good experiences with return policies everywhere, so no preference. When I find a great deal, and need it, I buy it.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

I've finally decided today will be a rest day. Beat my legs up really hard yesterday. There is some school work I need to get started on and the yard needs mowed for the first time. There's another 20+ mile run planned for tomorrow so the legs will get a break today.

QOTD: Shoes at a LRS if they have what I want. Since I'm going mostly with the Hokas I have to either drive a long distance or buy on line. I've bought shirts at Target and Dick's. For shorts I found that the soccer stores have some really good prices on nice shorts.

muppy

Took an URD yesterday, the knee was feeling funky, will try today for about five easy miles.

QOTD I will try on and buy shoes from my local running store because with the local running club discount we get 15% off, then I will stock up when  last years model go on sale. Other clothing I usually get it TJ Maxx or Marshall. Also Runners Warehouse is great for the liquidation section and then they give you another 15% off!

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I did some exploring today when I found an unmarked trail.  Went on for a 1 1/2 miles and then stopped.  Too bad, because it was a nice find.  We ended up with over 8.

QOTD:  Shoes from my LRS and clothes from Dicks, Adidas Outlet or Nike Outlet.  I have a ton of tech shirts from races.  Socks are always Drymax and I get those online.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

hi all,

I've taken a couple days off in a row, tonight may be the third. Not for any particular reason except I didn't feel like running much.  Racing 3 weekends in a row is very out of the norm for me and I'm doing it again in May so I'm trying not to push it too hard.

QOTD: I buy shoes locally and sometimes clothes if they are on sale. My LRS let me down a bit last week so I went to City Sports and ended up getting a pair of new shoes there.  I buy a lot of clothes directly from Oiselle since I have a good discount with them. They send me some free clothes too.

jonferg67

Endless trails

TnC: How's does that Ragnar Relay Cape Cod work? Do you run a designated leg, which

section are you running? That's my neck of the woods, I work in Plymouth and live 30 mins

west. Just curious.

TnC: How's does that Ragnar Relay Cape Cod work? Do you run a designated leg, which

section are you running? That's my neck of the woods, I work in Plymouth and live 30 mins

west. Just curious.

We have 12 people running about 200 miles from Hull to Provincetown. I think my total will be 16 miles all together, split up into three legs. I am actually running a leg right through Plymouth as runner 8. Here's the course map:

http://www.ragnarrelay.com/race/capecod/legs

You can also choose to do a 6 person relay...They call it an "ultra", which I'd love to do. But with my mileage as low as it is this season I'll be fine with running 16.

Sandy-2

Did 5 at lunchtime today.  I'm also meeting the DW at the gym after work, where I'll get on the Stairmaster, set it to about 55 steps per minute, put an hour on the timer, put the headphones on, and zone out.  I will wave at my DW every once in a while...

qotd: I usually get running clothes at the larger sports stores like Academy Sports or Sports Authority.  I do have a lot of shirts from races though.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL