Trailer Trash

Wild Wednesday (Read 31 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I am glad to see some of you experiencing what Sandy and I deal with on a daily basis for most of the year: Hot and humid air. It generally pays off in the fall if you get out there and get it, though. After many years of running in this hot and muggy environment, I think I have finally gotten acclimated to running in it. In years past, I have sort of slacked off during the summer because of the heat, but the only race I care about is in November. So, I need to just bite the bullet and suffer now so I can enjoy that one day in the fall.

I agree, it absolutely pays off to have run in the summer heat and humidity.

I am lucky and acclimate quickly, and it does not bother me too much as long as I have enough to drink and take it easy. Only downside is, I'll have to wear a jacket inside the house because I get cold easily - at 78 degrees!

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Hey AT, how did the hammocks work out for you? I seem to recall you were going to try them out recently. I was just looking at The Clymb and they had one for $29.

Worked well.  I'm going to get a report pout as soon as I can, because I tried out a lot of new gear.  I used a Henessey Hammock, my son has an ENO one.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I am glad to see some of you experiencing what Sandy and I deal with on a daily basis for most of the year: Hot and humid air.

Yup, misery loves company...

I took a SRD today, flying home so I'll be in the air for about 12 hours or so today.

qotd: I've been running in the same make/model for years now and they feel good right outta the box. I did Bighorn in a pair with only about 10 miles on them. I did get a few non-typical blisters, but I think the shoe-sucking mud had something to do with that And not the shoes themselves.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL