Trailer Trash

Race day things you forget to pack (Read 27 times)

I'm packing everything tonight for Laurel Highlands and just got to thinking, are there any items you have forgotten to pack in the past or wish you thought of packing? What's the worst thing you ever forgot to pack (shoes, sports bra?)

I'm generally pretty good about remembering things (knock on wood) but one extra thing I'm bringing this time around is a cooler of ice in case I get too warm.

AT-runner

Tim

I'm pretty organized but DW forgot her shoes once.  Luckily the RD's wife had the same size and she used her shoes.

Take extra clothes in case of thunderstorms especially some socks.

Have a great time and a great race.  Don't start too fast, it's a nice climb out of Ohiopyle  before you start ridge running.  One of the best things about the course is you can use the mile posts to help you remember hydration and nutrition.  Good luck.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I always forget the sports bra 

Best of luck to you.  Enjoy every mile of it.  Can't wait to hear about your adventure.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I haven't forgotten anything important so far, but last time, I was too lazy to pack a pair of socks into each drop bag, therefore I was stuck with a pair of socks that wasn't right for the conditions, and got a huge blister on my foot. Socks are very small, so it might really pay off to put a pair into each drop bag, just in case.

The little things, like anti-chafe, lip balm, sunscreen, repellent? TP, in case there are no porter potties (they had none at MMT100).

Good luck, take it slow in the heat, but temps should be fine.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I've never forgot it but here's a reminder to have a chest full of ice and beer at the finish.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄