Trailer Trash

Back to the Grind Wednesdaily (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

I start back today, so borrowed yesterday's title.

Lunch run with distance TBD.  Still unseasonably warm around here.

QOTD:  Any really BAD Christmas gifts that you can't wait to throw out or return?  A friend knows I like Bailey's Irish Cream and so he got me Chocolate Cherry Bailey's Irish Cream.  Tastes like cough syrup. We were forcing relatives to taste it on Christmas day. 0% acceptance rating so far.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  I have actually ran a little recently, so I suppose I should check in here.    Crossing my fingers that my hamstring is finally feeling better after a long six months.

Sue -- great pics yesterday!  Funny that you were at Sycamore Canyon.  I've just been doing a lot of reading about Sycamore Canyon too, but the one in Arizona.

I also spied a NorthernHarrier sighting a few days ago.  (Sorry I missed your bait, AT!)

QOTD:  I neither received nor gave any Christmas presents this year.  I don't remember quite when we stopped all presents, but I love it.  It makes the holidays much more enjoyable to me.  Chocolate Cherry Bailey's sounds disgusting.  Almost all artificial cherry tastes like medicine to me.  Gross.

Running is dumb.

muppy

8.1 miles on the  Horseshoe Trail.

QOTD  my parents always get me a Pittsburgh Steelers calendar for Christmas.  This year they got me a runners world calendar with helpful training tips.  I guess it's a new you,new year.....

NHLA

7 miles this morn. Crail Farm Rd.

qotd  this q made me miss granny. She always sent the funnyest gifts. I remember the TP holder that played merry Christmas.

AT-runner

Tim

8.1 miles on the  Horseshoe Trail.

Haven't run on the Horseshoe Trail in a while. Where do you park?

Nice to see you, Mandy.

Sue, those were some really great pics. Loved the snow covered mountains.

AT-runner

Tim

qotd  this q made me miss granny. She always sent the funnyest gifts. I remember the TP holder that played merry Christmas.

Now in our house, that would be a keeper and placed right in the guest bathroom.

muppy

Haven't run on the Horseshoe Trail in a while. Where do you park?

I park in Mt Gretna and follow the Horseshoe around Governor Dick Park and loop back on state game lands.

AT-runner

Tim

I park in Mt Gretna and follow the Horseshoe around Governor Dick Park and loop back on state game lands.

Might need to make a trip up that way some time. I parked along some road near a drive-in ice cream place (if that makes any sense). It's the same spot when I ran the Lebanon Valley Rail trail.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mandy- thanks for dropping in, good luck with the hammy!

My "run" yesterday evening went like this- left snowshoes in truck as trail looked packed, put microspikes on and headed out - temp wasn't too ba (upper 20s), but the wind was 20-ish mph, gusts to near 40.  The trail was packed nicely for about a mile and was out of the wind as well, started wrapping around the mountain and wind picked up and the trail started to get blown in, got to my junction and wanted to continue around the mountain, but the trail was obliterated. Soooo... I headed down to the bottom of the draw losing all the elevation I had gained. At the bottom I was out of the wind and the trail was better packed, but was going to add a mile or so to the run (and more elevation), as I climbed the trail became less packed and the wind was again blowing the trail in. I was about half way up the draw and had to put my lamp on, the trail became fainter and fainter and soon found myself off the trail. I continued up the draw post holing in snow up to my thigh. I could see the saddle I needed to reach and struggled on. Now added to the deep snow was a bunch of blow down to negotiate    I finally made it to the saddle and hit the trail again, the wind was rough up high and had numerous drifts to buck, but at least I was headed down.

When in doubt, bring the f~€£ing snowshoes!

If the wind isn't howling this afternoon (it is now), I'll shoot for 5-ish this evening, if it is probably the treadmill.

qotd: no duds

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Had a meeting this morning at work and just got home from that. Feeling just a little bit tired so it's nappy time. After that I'll do a ride on the trainer. Mileage will be determined by how good or bad I feel.

Mandy - Good to see you drop in.

AT-

Tastes like cough syrup. We were forcing relatives to taste it on Christmas day. 0% acceptance rating so far.

For some reason this makes me think of raccoons raiding garbage cans and saving money on your insurance .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8skzjsaJc8

QOTD:  Not this year. At least nothing that was horrible. DW did get me a pair of exfoliating gloves by mistake. I will sometimes put heavy, sticky hand cream on right before bed and wanted a pair of gloves to wear so the sheets didn't get messy. She thought that's what she was getting but got the wrong thing.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I guess we are just in a grind this week.  Dragged the ass out of bed this morning and got in a little of 4.  We did run into a large bag of trash on the trail...assuming it was hauled in by a bear but he must have been spooked off because they was a half eaten container of hummus open and left.  Maybe because it was hummus.

QOTD:  Well my sweet SIL stuff stocking s for us.  Just silly stuff which as soon as I got home I place in the good will bag. Other then that I received nothing...not even my $50 check from my Mom.   guess I was bad this year.  That is ok currently shopping online.   running tights and sweat pants.

MT:  You get the award for the most determination to get a run done!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

Might need to make a trip up that way some time. I parked along some road near a drive-in ice cream place (if that makes any sense). It's the same spot when I ran the Lebanon Valley Rail trail.

I believe your parking beside the Colebrook  twin kiss. You can go on the rail trail about 3 miles  toward Mount Gretna and hit governor dick and the horseshoe Trail (or you can explore, there's some trails beside the rail trail that go to Gov. Dick.  Governor dick I think they say has 19 miles of trails  including the horseshoe Trail.  Then you can take the horseshoe trail/ fire road back  and explore all the single track in the state game lands or  stay on the horseshoe Trail and that will bring you back to the rail trail the opposite direction about 1/2 mile from where you parked.

LB2

6.5 around the house this afternoon. We got back from the Ozarks on Monday night. It was nice and cool there, but the weather was a bit rainy for part of it. We came home to hot and humid. It was 80+ and muggy on Tuesday, and it was about the same today.

QOTD: No. I got all good stuff this year, mostly in the experience of our trip. Which, by the way, I came back about a 1000 bucks under budget thanks to some good fortune. I gave a good bit of that away to my daughter and wife.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

RD after 5 straight days of running.

qotd: no, I only exchange gifts with my DD and we know what each other like.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.