Trailer Trash

The Late Sunday Sundaily (Read 28 times)

moonlightrunner

Running 10 -20 after grandmother duties are done. Should have run in the early am...but there is darkness either way.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

Been a busy morning!

I did 8 miles of speed work before the sun came up this morning. I felt fast and smooth! I followed that up with an hour in the gym, working on abs, back and chest. I really needed a good gym workout. When I got home, I loaded up the pup and hit the trails for 8 more miles in the mountains. It's beautiful here today. Not a cloud in the sky, sunny and gorgeous. But it was COLD up high...I registered 12 degrees.

Back home now, with a crockpot of chili on the counter. I'll relax with my wife, watch some movies, drink some beer and enjoy that chili a little later!

I hope you all have an amazing day!

Daydreamer1

Feeling tired and wore out for some reason. Yesterday's run was slow, very slow. My legs and joints just didn't want to take the pounding. I was glad to meet DW towards the end and walk the last two miles.  Consequently today will be some strength training, stretching, balance training and if time allows maybe a light elliptical workout.  Then it will be off to my BIL's place for fish and Oysters for his birthday. I'm guaranteed to eat too much!!

QOTD: How is your week ahead looking?  For me I'm working too much and have had several other issues come up that I need to take care of.  DW's work is having their open enrollment for benefits and I'm looking at changing her to a HSA so that requires a visit to HR department. I have to meet with our Insurance agent about some changes we want to make and it's also our time to clean the Church.  Too frikin busy to suit me .  Somehow I need to make some time to get out for some runs.

Occasional Runner

QOTD: Just a typical week ahead. I get up at 3:00 AM every morning so I can run and workout. There's nothing that can ever get in the way of that because I have no obligations at that time of day. I find that my daily routine keeps me well grounded and centered throughout the day, so it's something I'm not willing to sacrifice. If I can manage it, I'll even come in to work an hour or two late so I can add mileage. Those are the best days.

moonlightrunner

Qotd: my week will be busy at work. We have 4 clinics going g live with new software an workflows. I am in charge of one...so I will be struggling to appear knowledgeable and competent. At home, my grandchildren keep me busy. Still trying to get running consistently to fit my life, my mood and the short days and cold weather of winter. I'm sure it will all be a struggle....but compared to millions of others around the world...it will be an excellent week.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Planed on a long run on the AT today with DW, but about 3 miles in, she took a good fall and possibly broke her left pinkie pinkie.  Cut her chin up pretty good, and bit the inside of her mouth.  We turned around and made our way back to he car.  As usual, the fall was not on a rocky or technical section.  Just when you left your guard down...splat.

QOTD:  Oldest sister having more invasive breast biopsy on Thursday, and I'll drive my Mom down to be with her.  No news yet on first biopsy.  Next weekend is the JFK 50, and I'm working and then pacing a friend the last 12-14 miles for his first 50 miler.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

6 miles of fartlek, 2:00 on, 2:00 off in chilly temps.

QOTD: Tonight is our holiday kickoff meeting at work as we gear up for holiday shopping. At least we don't open at midnight Black Friday like some stores do. Still I have to be at work at 6:00 am on Friday for an 8:00 am opening for the official beginning of the holiday madness masquerading as shopping.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Worked until after noon, then took care of cats and kids. Now a music session with all (playing recorder, guitar, clarinet and violin).

Will be a late run again, one of these days, I might even get to like those dusk runs (they are a lot nicer once the Christmas lights and decorations come on).

AT: Sorry to hear about your DW. I hope she'll be up and running soon again (literally and figuratively).

QOTD: Don't even ask. Way too many things that have the potential to get into the way of having lots of long runs. 

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

SRD today (Mon).  I actually hit 50 mi last week, which is the most I have done in a week since this summer.  Since my DW isn't here yet I've been running alot.

qotd: Just work and running, and I have some errands to run to get ready for my move to my 'real' apartment soon (I'm in a temporary apartment with only some company-supplied bare minimum stuff at the moment).  But I do have some sort of work dinner on Friday followed by Golf on Saturday.  I'll have to plan my weekday runs accordingly...  LOL.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 18 today...it's been a while for a long run so reminded me of the old days...sore tired legs shuffling in.... Have marathon in three weeks..thank god the 50 miler and k were full.    If you don't recall I thought about signing up for the 50 miler when my DH left me...26 will be challenge enough.  Then 4 hours raking...chicken pot pie in the oven...wine next to me... I am going to sleep good tonight!

qotd: My plans are to run, work, clean house (no kids so my life is very easy) maybe go to a movie.. Dinner...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

QOTD: Just a typical week ahead. I get up at 3:00 AM every morning so I can run and workout. There's nothing that can ever get in the way of that because I have no obligations at that time of day. I find that my daily routine keeps me well grounded and centered throughout the day, so it's something I'm not willing to sacrifice. 

I admire this about you....maybe not the 3am but i wish I would consistently get up. At 6am...run work out etc.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄