Trailer Trash

Sheepish Thursdaily (Read 30 times)

sugnim

I had a failure of a run this morning.  I got 2 miles out, and called for a ride home due to GI issues.  Good grief!

QOTD 1: I generally tell my wife the area I will be in.  I also typically carry a cell phone, bear spray, and water, also lights if it is dark.  And I take my dog, who is a coward, but is extremely loyal, remembers the way back on any trail, and looks tough.

QOTD 2: Nope.  Just getting out as often as I can, enjoying the trails, and taking my son with me as often as possible to instill an appreciation for fitness and the outdoors.

AT-runner

Tim

NH - sorry to hear about your dog.  Looks like he had a good life with a kind owner.  14 great years.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Im 0-2 on today's run. Slept in before work so I missed my pre work time for a run. So I decided to run downtown during my lunch, go to change, realize I didn't pack socks.

So I guess I'll try running later tonight when I get home. Been a LONG time since I've run in the evening.

QOTD 1: I carry a SPOT locater with me whenever I'm "deep" in the hills where cell service is unavailable and I'm sure to not see any other people. (Mainly only use it for climbs.) It sends my location directly to my wife. Nothing for foothills/Denver area however.

QOTD 2: Nope...just slow, easy and hilly.

moonlightrunner

Geeze! The sheep is bad luck...and there has been plenty of that today.

Harrier: so sorry about your dog. I am grateful you will end his suffering. Many wait too long.

At: bummer about the shoulder. Hope you can hold off. I hear shoulder surgery sucks.

Planning my first post fracture run tonight. R on the bike path.

Qotd: I tell someone where I am and when I amlikely to rreturn. I carry my cell. I carry it in ammoney belt under my pants to prevent battery drain. I dont run in remote areas. My worry is exposure problems if I injure myself. Some of you folks are nuts! But...so far so good...

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

some call me Tim

This group just did me good. I came in here planning to post that I was bailing on today, but 0 degrees and 10mph winds soon didn't sound like a good enough excuse- so I got in a couple miles on the snowshoes. Thanks!

NH: Sucks that you were blindsided like that... it's better than having a beloved pet waste away, but not that much better. My sympathies.

qotd1: I'm not usually out of cell service and always bring my phone and make sure my wife knows where I am.

qotd2: Continuing the general low HR/ general aerobic training for now

Daydreamer1

Doesn't look like I'll get a run in today. Got out of work three hours late, then took DW to a Dr's appointment. Good news on that front, she's recovering nicely from her bunion surgery.  After that we went to Longhorn Steak House and now I'm too full to do anything. On top of that it's 8 degrees with a 15 MPH wind.

NH -- Sorry to hear about your pooch. It sounds like he had a good life.

QOTD 1 : Most of my trail running is where there is no cell service and rarely any people. I take a ankle brace, a few bandage supplies, lots of TP, a small knife and my .380.  If it's pretty cool or cold I'll take a rescue blanket as well. The few times I've went into those areas in the winter I take a bigger pack with stuff to make a fire if need be and at least a change of socks.  Any time I go on the trails I left DW know where I'm at.

QOTD 2: Going to start focusing on hills a little more.

NH, I am very sorry to hear about your pup.  They leave a big hole in our lives when they pass.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

NorthernHarrier

You guys are all so kind. Thank you.

Sandy-2

NH: really sorry to hear about your dog.  Went thru the same thing last month under very similar circumstances, our "pup" was 15, one day she was fine and the next she had some major seizures that left with stroke-like symptoms.  We put her down that afternoon.  They do leave a hole in your heart.

I'm back since it is Friday over here now.  Did a tough 18 miler this morning.  Did the big hill and what I call my east loop.  My legs were shot from past two days, but I grunted it out.  It was a tough go, but afterwards it felt good that I got it done.  Just one of those days.

qotd1: I have a metal tag with my name, address and phone number engraved on it that I have laced into my running shoes.  I made the metal tags at one of those self-engraving dog tag machines at the local pet shop.  At the moment I don't have anyone over here to tell when/where I'm going, but sometimes I text my DW or DD when I leave and come back.  (Not sure what they could do from over there other than call my office and tell them I'm "missing".)  The trails over here are used a lot so I don't think I'd have to wait too long if I got hurt, but then again I run very cautiously when I'm on the very rocky bits and the more isolated trails.

qotd2: I've been trying to find a decent run over here (there are actually quite a few marathons, but not so many trail ultras). Even though I have no runs on the horizon, since my DW isn't here I've been running my butt off keeping myself busy and outta trouble (drinking is a national pass-time over here), this week I'll hit 65 miles including 3 trips up the "big hill".

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL