Trailer Trash

Early August Visit to PA (Read 33 times)

dpc3

I am traveling east for work and swinging up to see my Parents in Bucks County. Anyone know of any races going on August 3rd or interested in going for a run. I might travel out to Lancaster August 2nd to see a buddy and could potentially squeeze in a run on my way. Let me know.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

My first question is how did you end up in New Mexico from PA? Or maybe it was your parents who ended up in PA from New Mexico? Or maybe none of the above.

Bucks Co is a ways from me but Lancaster is much closer.  Maybe but it's hard to plan that far in advance.  Things change too much around my house recently.

As far as races, I don't see much around that weekend in the Bucks (or surrounding area) but I am also not as familiar with that area.  Berks Co (right next door) has a strong trail running community.  Blue Marsh Lake area is very nice.  There is a FA event in Perry Co on Sat Aug 3rd though (I am guessing at least 2 hour drive from the closest part of Bucks). It's a 50k on rugged backcountry terrain. If you're interested here is the link http://donrunsfar.com/  This is the type of event I like but DW works most first Saturdays of the month so I can't go.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Bummer- I'm actually obligated to go to NYC that day.  I highly suggest either Valley Forge or French Creek State park if you're in that general vicinity.  I know for a fact that one of my running groups will be running somewhere that day- they're called Misery Loves Company, and can be found on Facebook.  I'll check the calendar to see where they're at that day.

Okay, I see the run is 7 am from Mt. Misery in Valley Forge.  This is a seriously great time!  Very technical at places (rocky), and depending on which trails, there is the potential for multiple creek crossings- heaven in August Big grin

dpc3

My first question is how did you end up in New Mexico from PA? Or maybe it was your parents who ended up in PA from New Mexico? Or maybe none of the above.

Bucks Co is a ways from me but Lancaster is much closer.  Maybe but it's hard to plan that far in advance.  Things change too much around my house recently.

As far as races, I don't see much around that weekend in the Bucks (or surrounding area) but I am also not as familiar with that area.  Berks Co (right next door) has a strong trail running community.  Blue Marsh Lake area is very nice.  There is a FA event in Perry Co on Sat Aug 3rd though (I am guessing at least 2 hour drive from the closest part of Bucks). It's a 50k on rugged backcountry terrain. If you're interested here is the link http://donrunsfar.com/  This is the type of event I like but DW works most first Saturdays of the month so I can't go.

Boyjame I am on my 7th state, my job and schooling has taken me to many of them.

Appreciate the info and if you can swing a Friday run let's just keep in touch and we can work something out.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Bucks County is a bit too far from my area (Centre County).

But if you are interested in the FA races at Tuscarora State Forest on August 3rd, I might be able to do that (I usually work on Sundays, but might get a deal).

Runs in Jamie's area might be possible if we plan it out, depends on the day. Keep me in the loop.

Run for fun.

Irish Luck

The mister is "born and bred" Bucks Co boy.  We are near Valley Forge now, so most of our running adventures are west (Marsh Creek) and NW (Reading) of us. We regularly run both Mts. Misery and Joy at VFNP.

I checked our race spreadsheet (yes, we have a shared spreadsheet with races we have an interest in doing) and I cannot find any that first weekend in August.

Post here and we may be able to join you for a jaunt in the woods in some county east of Harrisburg.  Smile

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I checked our race spreadsheet (yes, we have a shared spreadsheet with races we have an interest in doing) and I cannot find any that first weekend in August.

+1 That's Awesome.  BTW - I was running the trails (Mt Joy and Mt Misery) a few weeks ago (Memorial Day to be exact).  It was cool except for tons of people.  I used to run at VF park at lot on my younger days but never really know there were trails there.  I also wasn't trail running back then.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dpc3

OK so what is sorta central to you all Boyjame, Erbur, and FTYC? I'm willing to head your way to check out some trails.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I live about 2 hours northwest of Harrisburg, so close to Harrisburg is better for me than way further southeast.

What about the Appalachian Trail, or are the sections around Harrisburg not so runable? I have never run there.

Run for fun.

dpc3

I am easy, I'll message those that might want to meet up and we can go from there.