Trailer Trash

Edge of your seat Tuesdaily (Read 28 times)

Occasional Runner

Nice to see you, Mr. Pants!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Baggae's back..can't do it but you get the point. Smile

Big Dancing Banana animated emoticon

Hi Sue, and all. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Going to try and get 6-ish in after work, still need a headlamp to finish, but if my calculations are correct in two weeks I can leave it in the truck

qotd: if I didn't like winter I had best get to moving. Today should be the first day in about a month where we will be above freezing 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

I took the Lady out to Coventry Woods to run our regular 7 mile loop. It seems I've benchmarked a new regular time for this route that is a few minutes faster than a few months ago. Sort of a regular winter day. Not too cold, but not warm either. Mid 30's, with some wind blowing through the tree tops up on the ridge but not noticeable while running.

QOTD: There were some flurries here this afternoon but none of it stuck. I am completely on board with a snow free winter. The last few years we've had our fill. I'm sure we will get a storm at some point though.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

muppy

Got in 6 miles this morning. QOTD So far winter has skipped central PA. I do prefer the cooler days of winter to the heat and humidity of summer.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Rest day, somewhat unscheduled, but to be expected.

DH drove to DC to see his father and take care of some business there, so I'm stuck with the kids. Work early, then the kids got dismissed early because of snow squalls. That's now three things working against me.

Just whined to the kids how much fun it would be to be out in the woods, running or hiking, and now we are having a total whiteout and blizzard-like conditions here. Somehow I still would love to be outside, though... 

So that's my story of today's no-run.

Welcome back, Pants!

Happy birthday, Kelly!

QOTD: In a way, I could do without snow, but as I live in a seemingly Siberian climate zone now, I might just as well embrace it. First snow yesterday, some more today - I'm glad, because my boys' skiing intramurals start on Thursday, and I was already worried they'd be skidding on that artificial snow-cannon created semi-ice "snow" instead of real snow. I hope it will last!

But as soon as the kids are out of the house, I'll move to Hawaii for the rest of my days, I think.

Run for fun.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from a few miles in the hills behind the house, I was a wuss at

6:30 this morning because it was wee bit chilly-but I redeemed myself this

afternoon.

Welcome back, bagge pants. Weren't you in SoCal? or I am thinking of someone

else. Why Vermont, work-related?

Happy birthday, Kelly.

QOTD: I grew up with snow in MA, but 7 years of living in CA has ruined me-I can certainly

live without it.

NorthernHarrier

Taking a day of rest as it is very cold here with a nice breeze. While I like winter and winter running sometimes the elliptical in the man cave is a little more appealing. Last night after work I ran 2 hours on single track wearing micro spikes. It was frozen, rutted up snow with some icy patches. Thought how some of you said you prefer screw shoes and laughed as I trudged along thinking of all the twisted ankles and falling down I'd be doing on that trail if I was wearing my screw shoes.  Anyway, I did a snowshoe race Sunday in upper Mi. and the temp was 0'F so I'm really not a wimp most of the time, just today. 

Bagge--Great to have one of the RW personalities around here. Stick around, please.

QOTD--Like Warden I like winter and live in a real winter state. Just still need to bitch about it occasionally. And I do usually take a week every winter to vacation somewhere warm.

E/A--Moonlight, we have a deal. 2 mil either way. Got the same deal going with a few other people so I really like my odds. 

bagge_pants

Jon, not work related per se, as in, not related to the line of work I was doing a few years ago. When I moved here I worked on a farm this past summer and fall and now have a warehouse job for winter and will seek a farm job again or stay in the warehouse. When the benefits kick in I'll see what I think about current job - benefits = discount gym membership, 10 $ month climbing gym membership, hiking, biking, paddling and snow gear testing 

Sue - what was the photo? Or is that part of the joke

--------

pm 30 min active recovery frolicking on fresh snow, scouting steep, short hills

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It was the dancing banana... Never forget you posted a dancing banana after a particularly good night.  

Jon, not work related per se, as in, not related to the line of work I was doing a few years ago. When I moved here I worked on a farm this past summer and fall and now have a warehouse job for winter and will seek a farm job again or stay in the warehouse. When the benefits kick in I'll see what I think about current job - benefits = discount gym membership, 10 $ month climbing gym membership, hiking, biking, paddling and snow gear testing 

Sue - what was the photo? Or is that part of the joke

--------

pm 30 min active recovery frolicking on fresh snow, scouting steep, short hills

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jonferg67

Endless trails

It was the dancing banana... Never forget you posted a dancing banana after a particularly good night.  

Funny, I remember that too.