Trailer Trash

Monday, Monday, so good to me..... (Read 21 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

moonlight- if you don’t have something already for a “survival bag”, I can recommend the Blizzard Bag- it’s prepacked into a low volume (and pretty low weight). It’s been thoroughly tested (and recommended) by Search and Rescue teams.  It’s not a substitute for a properly rated sleeping bag, but makes for a good emergency shelter/sleep system. If I’m reading their site correctly, this should pass muster on their required equipment section.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hi trailers,

No run this morning but I did get out over the weekend, 5 trail miles Sat and

3 road mile Sun. Its been harder to get back into a running routine after bouts

of depression, but I'm committed (no pun intended). Once I get into a routine

few things stop me from running but it does become a challenge to get back

to it.

QOTD: Just got a pair of NB Vazee. A cheap pair of road shoes so I can get

a run in at work.

LB2

Hi trailers,

to it.

Hang in there, Man.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Hang in there, Man.

+ one

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Hang in there, Man.

+ two.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am a firm believer that exercise helps depression; I know for a fact it doesn't hurt it (ok I don't really know that).    + three on the hanging in there.

Hi trailers,

to it.

a run in at work.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

moonlight- if you don’t have something already for a “survival bag”, I can recommend the Blizzard Bag- it’s prepacked into a low volume (and pretty low weight). It’s been thoroughly tested (and recommended) by Search and Rescue teams.  It’s not a substitute for a properly rated sleeping bag, but makes for a good emergency shelter/sleep system. If I’m reading their site correctly, this should pass muster on their required equipment section.

Thanks! I will look into it!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

they are nice for the vehicle too as part of a winter emergency kit 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

Hi trailers,

to it.

a run in at work.

Glad you are getting out there! Depression saps the get up and go right out of you. I speak from many years of experience. Sometimes I have to start out by saying..."all you have to do is get out of the car and run or walk. If you hate it, turn around". Sometimes I turn around, but most times I don't. And it always makes me feel better. Good luck!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Late to the show. Long day at work and new software issues popping up, so I stayed and helped the staff.  Run tomorrow in the woods. I need to be in the woods!

Jon, we're here for you. DD#2 is on a bad stint right now with her depression. I dragged her to the music room to play and sing and when she was done, she said it really helped. For her, it's a chore to make the the first step. As they say "you seldom regret going for a run, but you usually regret not going".

QOTD:  Time for some new shoes and my pack is having some zipper issues (sounds like Louis CK). Tried WD40 and still difficult to open some of the pockets. It's lived a long productive life, but I get attached to my packs and hate to swap them out.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

4 miles easy. No obvious aftereffects from the race.

qotd: I'm ready for a new pair of shoes.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Jon - agree with everything everyone else said.  Drag your a$$ out and run long.  Do it Forrest Gump style if you have to.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday