Trailer Trash

Thursday (Read 27 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Tell that grumpy old man Hi and we miss him.    good luck at your race and have fun...

and meet up w/ Northern Harrier for the Beaverhead 55k- should be fun.  The weather forecast has vastly improved from a week or so ago (they were calling for temps in the mid 90's! )

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sue- will do  and thanks!

Mike

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Tell that grumpy old man Hi and we miss him.    good luck at your race and have fun...

Well the old curmudgeon just checked into his hotel in Miles City, MtWarden might remember the place. 1000 miles driving today.

Actually the reason for my post is because of my total shock after reading the QOTD and a bunch of trail people don't or have not done hardly any backpacking. Totally shocked.  I love backpacking and put it just behind my love for wilderness canoe trips--where you get to float all your gear instead of toting it.  I have my pack loaded up for 5 days in the mountains and after Warden carries me off the divide I'll be doing a little solo trip in the Sawtooth recreation area.

Biggest drawback for backpacking for me is that while I promote all the good Wisconsin has to offer in many areas it basically sucks as a backpacking destination so I have to drive long distances for quality areas. I have backpacked in a number of the mountain states, a little bit out east, and also up in Jasper and Banff in the Canadian rockies.  Favorite area--the Beartooths on the Mt. and Wy. border followed by the Wind River range.

Queen--Thanks for the shoutout.  This flatlander needs all the good luck wishes he can get. Been a few years since I did a mountain ultra. Yikes!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Yup- remember that cow town fondly ; stay out of the Bison Bar or you'll get way laid by some crazy cowgirl and end up at some remote ranch working for meals! 

I'm going to take 1-15 just past Dillon and take the Lemhi Road (MT 324) over the pass, probably a shorter way, but this way get to look at the start; hoping to get there between 2 and 3 pm (the supper is @ 5 and pre-race meeting @ 6)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Yup- remember that cow town fondly ; stay out of the Bison Bar or you'll get way laid by some crazy cowgirl and end up at some remote ranch working for meals! 

OK, I think we need the rest of the story, but so far it sounds good.   No, way too tired to do any chasing tonight, brought along a couple beers and ordered a pizza. Oh yeah, I brought along a six-pack of world famous Spotted Cow for you. I'll try to leave it alone tonight.  Hope I don't get arrested taking it over the Wi. border.

Also when you take a look at that long uphill start why don't you do several hard repeats of that for practice and then you can give me some tips. 

AT-runner

Tim

WOW, like warden and NH, I just assumed trail runners would be back packers.  I know TT has a lot of experience.

People, you don't know what you are missing. It really is a great experience and unlike RV camping you really feel connected to nature (not to sound like Euell Gibbons).  The fist time I slept open air it took a while to fall asleep but oce I was out, I slept like a baby.

Warden - maybe I'll grow up by next year and would love to do an adventure with you.  I've only scratched the surface of Montana and would really like to see more.

Maybe we need a RA team for that Bob Marshall next year (I think LB was interested too).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Spotted Cow- mmmm-sounds good; better save myself as it appears we'll get hill repeats a plenty on Saturday! 

AT- I think LB was interested, would be fun to get some RA folks together for a grand adventure 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √