Trailer Trash

Sopping wet Tuesday (Read 18 times)

runtraildc

Hasn't started raining yet, but it's coming soon. A good soaking is due here, and we need it. But might get in the ways of outside running today. Will get to the gym after the HVAC guy comes. I've been slacking terribly on any strength training. I'll also get in a  jog on the treadmill for old time's sake.

qotd: I'm struggling here, but favorite cereal? I just ate a bowl of mine-Puffins - the peanut butter flavored. With a handful of craisins. delicious.  I need to hide the box before the kiddos find it. little DS will finish it off before I get a second bowl.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got out for a mile last night.  It hurt but I got through. Legs still sore but not unbearable.

QOTD: Hmmm, not sure I have one.  I do eat cereal but not everyday.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Not sure if I will get a run in today or not. Worked late last night, 1am on a big live event at one my clients. Still chasing down issues. At least a gym workout this evening.

I did have a nice 7 miler yesterday with the Lady out on the hilly trails of Birdsboro/Haycreek watershed. It was a pretty lovely day yesterday though cloudy. Mild with the last colors of fall blazing yellow and orange in the woods. I was surprised to see anyone in the woods but saw couple of dog walkers and also a camouflaged gal out for a bow hunt. She even had face paint. The Lady and I were both in glowing orange since it's still bow season.

QOTD: Favorite, or what cereal I eat regularly? My regular cereal (2-3 times/week) is shredded wheat/bran topped with berries. My favorite cereal would be those Lucky Charms. But I haven't eaten that for years.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

6.5 miles last night on the dirt roads.  Went out with the intent to start out walking, said screw in and lightly jogged the first 150 yards before walking.  Then it was easier to break into a jog again. Ended up alternating between walk/jog/run with some really good run portions. Then the brain would just say screw it and then I'd walk for awhile. Ended up doing pretty good overall and felt pretty decent after getting back.

Looks like there will be some heavy rain and maybe even sleet moving through the area so I might just do another elliptical workout. A hour on that with a bunch of climbing leaves the quads sore.

QOTD: The Maple Brown Sugar mini wheats with some other cereal mixed in.  I'll top it with anything from Cheerios to Raisin Bran.  Us old guys need our fiber .

LB2

Probably a rest day. My legs feel fine, but I know I need to rest. I am glad I ran yesterday to just keep things in motion. I tend to stiffen up a bit if I don't. I may get out for a few later today, but most likely, I will wait until in the AM. I may just do a little resistance training.

QOTD: Raisin Bran.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 5.2 this morning...that's it..nothing else to add. 

QOTD:  Coco Crispy because after you eat them you get a bowl of chocolate milk.  That being said I haven't had a bowl in who knows when.  My go to is Raisin Bran for medicinal purposes.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

I plan to do 5 after work today.  Conditions should be "toasty" and "tropical", oh yay!  Although this should be the last day of muggy and mid-80s weather for this week, a cool front will come thru tomorrow and we'll be cooler.

qotd: I like a generic store-brand (Kroger's) granola cereal. I only have it on the weekends.  I guess it's supposed to be pretty healthy, but it is kinda sweat, but really good after a long run.

tbd.

moonlightrunner

No run tonight...but possibly in the morning. Thinking of a neighborhood run pushing a weighted stroller while trying to do intervals. Sounds droll.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Aiming for a night run, but afraid of ice. Today we had the first SNOW.   The most terrible season I don’t even speak about has officially started.

QOTD: it has to be gluten free, not so terribly sweet, and not taste like cardboard. Good luck finding that.

I usually stick with Chex or Cheerios, mixing 2 or 3 flavors together with the unsweetened type. Then add a good handful of raisins.

Hot cereal on the weekend, triple portion, with lots of extra raisins mixed in.

Run for fun.