Trailer Trash

Tuesday (Read 16 times)

runtraildc

Morning trailers. Still not running more than a couple of days a week, and this week so far has been no exception. Still lots of house projects using up my running energy. Today it is the new AC installation, but they came early so I'm hoping I can get out before the late afternoon thunderstorms.

qotd: Any spring cleaning or spring house work? See above for me.  And on the last 20% of the kitchen cabinets refinishing, then painting most of our first floor. Sounds like a lot, but it's a small house. Our burst of work has to do a lot with trying to get certain things done before summer. Once June hits, I don't want to be doing any of this and will be outside as much as possible. And it's summer swim season, which takes up a lot of time.

XtremeTaper

I slacked on my gym workout yesterday so will do that at lunchtime. Took the Lady out to the local trail last night for a short and easy 4 mile trog. She was putzing about so we just did a couple of loops. Finished weeding, cleaning up, and mulching the front flower bed afterwards. That always takes longer than I think it will. That bed is transitioning from spring bulbs to summer lilies now, plus some wild flowers that I have to wean out so they don't take over.

Plan is to run 6 or 7 tonight. I might wander over to the trails at French Creek Park.

QOTD: Not inside the house, but we do need to give it a more thorough cleaning in the next couple of weeks as we have family visiting in June. Most of spring chores are outdoors, weeding beds, and moving mulch. I am ahead of schedule this year despite the late start. I guess that's what happens when you are not training for an ultra.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

only 3.5 miles for Tiny E and I, but about 800’ gain in the first mile

4-ish this evening is the plan

qotd: just a few minor projects- three more window coverings (much more $ than one would think!) and need to replace the bottom panel of our garage door- DW had a little run in with it

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yesterday but I hope to sneak in something later tonight.  End of the school year is busy with all kinds of concerts.

DC - do you mind me asking how much your A/C system is costing? I am asking because we may have to replace ours and I am not sure what we would be expecting.

QOTD: I have some inside and outside projects going on.  I need to really clean up the garage.  I need to finally finish up my basement (just a little bit of trim work and painting).  I also need to do a couple of landscaping jobs - all minor stuff.  Hopefully these actually get done in the spring and don't spill into summer.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Dr Jamie - We replace ours, geez 8 years ago now. It was about 11k. We have 2,400 sqf house, 2 floors and an unfinished basement. Fairly high end system but we got some rebates back then as it's a high efficiency system. This is full HVAC, natural gas heat. It has dropped my utility bills, I'd estimate 50-75$ a month during peak months.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

runtrail - Hope that A/C installation goes well.  Just in time for the warmer weather too.  That area is no fun in the summer without A/C.

It's supposed to rain this afternoon, but I hope to get 8 on a hard trail after work.  Should be fun.

QOTD:  Just yard work and maybe some minor repairs.  Our clothes washer just broke.  I think it's the drive belt, so I might be brave and see if I can fix it.  Otherwise, we'll have to get a new one.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

runtraildc

Almost 7K. Which may seem a lot, but it is a high effiiciency SpacePak system (high velocity, flexible and small duct system). Only AC, but could be modified for gas heat. Thankfully the ductwork is fine, it's just the rest of the system.  This was $1K-1500 below other estimates. It costs as much as my first (used) car. But it should last longer and living without AC is not an option.  We're at 1300 square feet (not including the unfinished basement).

My BIL owns a HVAC and plumbing business in MN. His prices are about half that of DC, but he's in a rural farm community with much lower overhead.

DC - do you mind me asking how much your A/C system is costing? I am asking because we may have to replace ours and I am not sure what we would be expecting.

AT-runner

Tim

Treadmill run today. Gutted out 6 miles while I watched an episode of Westworld.  Rain and thunderstorms this morning, so didn't want to risk it outside.

QOTD:  Tearing out our front garden bed, which has overgrown beyond it's useful planting life.  For Christmas, I got DW a gift certificate for a local nursery, so luckily it's mostly paid for.  Just hard labor, but I'm sure she'll spend more than the certificate is worth. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Did 4 mi this morning.

tbd.