Trailer Trash

Friday (Read 30 times)

LB2

I ran last night. Tied up this evening, so I don't see it happening. I'll get a few in this weekend.

QOTD: What is the weather like in your area?

Here in southeastern Louisiana/southwest Mississippi, it is 70 degrees, with 73% humidity, and a dew point of 65 degrees. Muggy.

LB2

The pooch and I had a nice 4 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD: It was about 45F with the slightest drizzle falling part of the time for our run this morning.  I consider that pretty nice running weather.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jonferg67

Endless trails

Last night my legs were feeling so good I decided to test my calf with a little

jog down the street, it's not ready to run on-still gets painful after a few minutes.

Then, like an idiot, I iced, massaged, and foam rolled still hoping it was just a knot.

This morning I went out again to test it, got about 1/2 mile and felt it again. Up

until this morning I was still hoping I could run the marathon on Sunday. I'm

not sure if I'm a dumbass or just stubborn, but I've finally accepted I need to

give it a sold week off before I try again. You'd think after a winter of lousy weather

and tough running conditions that I'd welcome a break, but it's just the opposite.

QOTD: SE Mass. is 40's, sunny and clear skies. Perfect running weather.

Did anyone see Real Sports on HBO last night? Diane Van Deren, ultra runner.

Daydreamer1

The legs are feeling pretty beat up from yesterdays hard run. I was planning on going up on the mountain for a all trail run again but I may just stay around the house for a shorter easy run.

QOTD: Central PA is cloudy, temp 45, supposed to rain later today.

runtraildc

Morning!  I don't know yet what is in store for today.  I've been shaking things up a little with a new and more intense yoga class, and I'm feeling it.  Still taking it easy running-wise, but I hope to get out this afternoon for 4 miles.   It's perfect running weather.

Jon-- sorry to hear the calf is still a problem.

qotd:  fabulous.  I could live in this year-round.  Partly sunny, upper 40s now, with low 60s forecast.  rain tonight.  Spring flowers are blooming and the cherry blossoms are starting to show.  Spring is about 3 weeks late, but it's finally here so that's what matters.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  24 miler planned for tomorrow, so I will hydrate properly tonight. 

jonferg - DW always tells me that there is a fine line between stubborn and dumb shit.  I proudly walk that line.  Hope you heal up quickly.

Here is an article on Diane Van Daren that was in RW a few years back.  The HBO show was pretty well done.  The neurologist in me is always amazed by stories like these.

QOTD:  Same weather as Daydreamer1 (and Jamie and Muppy).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I have not run in a while.  I need to.  I want to.  But I am back at "the beginning' again and hate the start up phase.

Last night my legs were feeling so good I decided to test my calf with a little

jog down the street, it's not ready to run on-still gets painful after a few minutes.

Then, like an idiot, I iced, massaged, and foam rolled still hoping it was just a knot.

This morning I went out again to test it, got about 1/2 mile and felt it again. Up

until this morning I was still hoping I could run the marathon on Sunday. I'm

not sure if I'm a dumbass or just stubborn, but I've finally accepted I need to

give it a sold week off before I try again. You'd think after a winter of lousy weather

and tough running conditions that I'd welcome a break, but it's just the opposite.

QOTD: SE Mass. is 40's, sunny and clear skies. Perfect running weather.

Did anyone see Real Sports on HBO last night? Diane Van Deren, ultra runner.

Jon -  I can relate all too well.  I don't know much about that type of injury but you might want to think about more than a week - especially since your race is off for you.  Good luck and be smart.

QOTD: What DD said.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

I did an easy 3 miles to loosen up for tomorrow.

qotd: The weather is great here today, sunny, cool and low humidity (it's a north wind).  More importantly, tomorrow's weather in Smithville, TX is also supposed to be cool with low humidity and some rain, and then a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.  Low 50* high 65*, pretty good race day weather!!!  I've done Hells Hills twice before and both times it's been in the mid to upper 80's, a suck-fest.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Good luck to all the racers this weekend.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

Doing 6ish after work.

QOTD  like the other Central Pennsylvania peeps said, it's overcast, 43* and light winds. It's kind of dreary for being at work, but it's perfect running weather. I'd say I won't even break a sweat today, but I sweat like a pig even in this weather!

Gator eye

Rest day, even though the legs are feeling better than they have all winter, I would like to keep them feeling this way.

QOTD: It is hovering between 31 and 34 degree's, it sleets for awhile then rains back to sleet. Winter hasn't give up yet.

Watoni

just arrived in Denver after a nice delay this am. heading to the mountains. have my skis and some shoes that I need to finish putting some spikes in.

Qotd: nice here in Denver. was raining at home

Birdwell

Afternoon folks!

Just got back from aid station duty at the Zion 100. I saw EatDrinkRunWomen and Lace (with PBR in hand) come through.

Took my 7 y.o. daughter with me and she was in charge of cutting up oranges and bananas.

Going for 6-7 tonight some time.

QOTD: partly cloudy, low 60's.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Will run after work...probably 7 loop.

QOTD:  Cloudy 60 drizzly rain.

Sandy:  That  was the trail I ran, there was a park there but I got out some how.   I saw trails around me just didn't know how to get to them through the houses.  Maybe not worry about getting shot and just run through their yards.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄