Trailer Trash

Soggy Saturdaily (Read 23 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

I had a very nice 7 miler in the steady rain that has set in. The trail had a ton of standing water. It was really quite nice though. I had a great time. After I got done though I had one of those itchy skin things because my skin was so cold. I thought my skin was on fire.

I am watching Kelly's progress today as well as the leaders. People who run 100 miles will never cease to amaze me.

Qotd: I have nothin'.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

muppy

Did 5.5 on the horseshoe trail through farm fields. As I looked up in amazement at the corn that was  7 to 8 feet tall already, a red fox ran right in front of me.

QOTD  what's your favorite fresh fruit in the summer?

I love me some fresh  cantaloupe! I  just had some at work for lunch, but it's not quite in season here yet.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Off work, but juggling the kids around between sleepovers and swim class. I hope I'll be able to squeeze in a run in the horizontal rain and howling wind. Maybe I'll stay out of the woods this time, though. 

moonlight: Kudos for braving the elements! Sounds like a great run. Hopefully the itching will go away soon again.

Muppy: I also noticed today that the corn is growing fast. Nice to see a fox out there!

QOTD: I can't decide. I love just any kind of fruit, and whatever I am eating, I always think this is the most delicious fruit I've ever tasted!

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Sitting at my desk watching the rain coming down. Supposed to rain all day. DS just headed off to a wedding. He's a groomsman and the ceremony and festivities were supposed  to be outside. The brides parents have a lovely place for it. I guess they set up a big tent since it's supposed to rain all day.

Not sure yet if or how much running I'll end up doing today. Just depends on ho I feel later and if the rain slacks off.

QOTD:  I don't really care for a lot of fresh fruits for some reason.  However, I do love cantaloupe and we will almost always have some fresh tomatoes around during the summer.

runtraildc

Just got back from a swim meet in the rain.  Thankfully, we did not have any thunder or lightning so the show could go on.  Funny moment though-- a loose dog from the neighborhood jumped into the pool and joined the swimmers in a race.  The dog was a strong swimmer.  And it might not surprise some folks here, but it was a springer.

Oh, running?  Yeah, that's not happening today.  I'll head to the gym in an hour or so for some strength training.

qotd:  so hard to pick, but when push comes to shove, wild blueberries.  The small, low bush variety.   I had never eaten a domestic blueberry until college, and the taste doesn't compare.

moonlightrunner

Qotd: BLUEBERRIES! I could sit and eat them all day every day.

Couch: the itching went away after I warmed up. I guess it was cooler out than it felt.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

NorthernHarrier

Funny moment though-- a loose dog from the neighborhood jumped into the pool and joined the swimmers in a race.  The dog was a strong swimmer.  And it might not surprise some folks here, but it was a springer.

Nice!

Shout out to AT--Thanks, you're awesome!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

8.5 miles on the bike path, and it was just as wet as I had feared - drenched in rain after a few minutes already. Wind no less, either.

The last 3 or 4 minutes were surreal: While the rain was still pounding down, and the wind chasing the deep dark black clouds across the sky, there was a small spot where the sun was peeking through the clouds, and it was sunny, despite the rain. Made everything glister and sparkle, really nice.

Now, of course, the rain has stopped, I could have gone for a run without getting wet. 

The stormwater reservoir in the neighborhood across was full, and the little creek feeding it looked like a raging river. Ducks looked happy, but I don't think the groundhogs there were. I hope they found a new temporary home.

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Nice to see you're still around NH!  Stop by more often-- we've missed you.

Nice!

Daydreamer1

Nice to see you're still around NH!  Stop by more often-- we've missed you.

Ah yes, A NH sighting!! I agree we need more of those around here.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice!

Hey stranger.  We missed you, thanks.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!