Trailer Trash

My Weekend Starts on Thursdaily (Read 20 times)

LB2

Hmm, this one definitely did not have a yellow tip to it's tail, but had the rough diamond pattern emerging, reddish belly and a diamond shaped head.  That was my tipoff it wasn't any ole snake and why I didn't get a picture.  It was also pretty small-- 18".   Any thoughts? The park said they had rat snakes (not it) and eastern water snakes, which would have seen likely given the location, but not the diamond shaped head.

I would not consider an 18 inch copperhead to be a juvenile. Most grow between 2 to 4 feet; I have only seen one that I can remember that was longer than about 2 feet. My dad always called them a "rattlesnake pilot". I have no idea what that means. I am not a snake expert. But I can identify a copperhead, cottonmouth, and a rattlesnake, which are pretty much the only ones I have any real concern with.

LB2

Sandy-2

Went to a baseball game last night.  The lowly Busan Giants (currently in 8th place out of 10 teams) lived up to their reputation. Bottom of the ninth, score tied 1-1, one out and a runner on 3rd base - they couldn't get him home...   ended up losing 2-1 in the 10th.  The cheerleaders were still dancing and the fans were still going absolutely crazy the whole time - such is baseball in Korea.  Fun times.

I will probably do 45 min on the bike after work today, then were having a going-away dinner for two of our office expats who are going home next week.

mt, glad to hear that you are back, looking forward to hearing all about it.

About snakes, my theory is to just stay clear of all of them.  Even if they are not poisonous, those damn things still bite.

qotd: for me it would be 150 to 153, unfortunately right now I'm about 158 (maybe a little more after the pizza and beer last night, see above re: ball game    Wink.

tbd.

runtraildc

Ok, I just saw some good pics of a northern water snake on FB and that was what I saw.  Thanks.  I've seen adult copperheads and cottonmouths,, and the slimness of this snake for it's length thru me off.  It was definitely a water snake.

I would not consider an 18 inch copperhead to be a juvenile. Most grow between 2 to 4 feet; I have only seen one that I can remember that was longer than about 2 feet. My dad always called them a "rattlesnake pilot". I have no idea what that means. I am not a snake expert. But I can identify a copperhead, cottonmouth, and a rattlesnake, which are pretty much the only ones I have any real concern with.