Trailer Trash

Montana Mondaily (Read 20 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Montana Monday as I want to see if folks are still interested in meeting up at Glacier for a couple of days of running/hiking in September. Still a ways out, but probably time to think about vacation, travel, etc

Got some really good (tough) training in yesterday ~ 16 miles with 20-ish pound packs and roughly half of the mileage on snowshoes.

Going to get a 5-ish mile recovery run in this afternoon.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

A pair of 11 milers this weekend on the trail. Saturday was a grey drizzly rainy run at Birdsboro/Haycreek watershed. Mostly light rain so really very pleasant. Sunday was a hilly rocky affair at French Creek under bright blue skies and mild springtime temps. Lots of hikers and bikers out and about. Looks like more rain today, I think light stuff here. The Lady and I will get in 7 miles on trails TBD.

Warden - Thanks for the invite, but sorry I don't think I can make it. Hope to do a fall trip with my running partner but not sure when and where yet and can't commit. Oh, and did you ever hear that stupid Zappa song about moving to Montana? Gonna' raise a crop of dental floss. Where the heck did he come up with that?!

AT - Saw your post the other day about being out of town this upcoming weekend. Bummer we won't have a chance to hookup but it sounds like a great weekend trip for you! Let me know any tips on the race other than for me to expect it to be difficult!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

4 miles early. April has been a pretty good month for my running and hunting; March was too. Anyway, we closed out the spring turkey season yesterday. I got my second turkey (limit is 2) on Good Friday. And I had a couple of people to take. I took a co-worker yesterday who was supposed to be the shooter on Good Friday, but he gun snapped. It was an interesting season in many ways, but the best part about it was that I didn't take a break from running like I normally do.

September would be nice, but I can never do much in September, January, or May because of my schedule. Plus, I have a couple of trips planned for the year already.

QOTD: Drawing a blank...

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Good morning...I did not run it was raining....will run this afternoon with mutts.  My calves are sore from my run this weekend...

QOTD:  You know your a trail runner when......A knat like bug lands in your wine and you think fuck it I've inhaled enough knats and you just swallow it. 

Montana Question:  I want to but....I have no idea what my life is going to look like in September; will we still own our house, will I be retired....so I just can't commit right now.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

MT, nice photo.  You can contrast that one with a few we took down here in TX yesterday.  It was one of the few days around here with low humidity.  We also went to a winery, the wine sucked but I bought a bottle anyway since even bad wine is better than no wine.  Did I mention that I am tapering for next weekend?  Due to my crazy travel schedule, unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to make it up that way this fall.

Oh yeah, today is a SRD.

qotd: You know you're an ultra runner when..... you're out driving in the countryside, and still wonder if there are any trails over those hills....  

tbd.

LB2

QOTD:... when you can have a perfectly normal conversation with someone you don't know while he or she is lubing their undercarriage in the middle of the night.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Ran off to the gym this morning and it looks like that's all the running I'll do today. Might put some time in on the elliptical late this evening but probably not.  I switched up my lifting regimen. I had been going to the gym twice a week and had a routine that was resulting in strength and size gains. Don't want to do twice a week during the summer because I need to run so I switched to a version of  German Volume Training. You are supposed to only work a body part once a week because it's so taxing on the body and nervous system. This was my third week of doing that and I lost significant strength already .  I told DW that after thinking about it that if it comes out of Germany it was probably from  East Germany and you need to juice with it .  Since she only has a VitaMix I can only make smoothies and no special "juice" .

QOTD:  You know you're a trail runner when..........you are tired and late getting back but you just have to see whats around the next corner, and then the next and the next, any what's just over the hill.

Montana trip: DW can't get very much time off during the summer. Such is life for some people working in the medical field.  So if we want to do a long trip it's best for us to go either in May or September. At the same time we both have to put in for our time off really far ahead.  We've been wanting to get back out to Jasper AB since we were there in 2003. So.......what that all means is that we already started planning to be out in that area since it's easy to swing by Glacier on the way to Jasper.  At this time we have reservations to be in West Glacier Sept 16 & 17th then heading to Jasper on the Monday.  If several people are going to be in the area on that weekend that would be great. If the next weekend we would just try to change reservations around to make it there for the Sunday.  Jasper was selling out so we had to jump on a house to make sure we got one.  Everything that we could find  that was affordable to us  in Glacier was sold out so we picked up a room in West Glacier.

The only thing that may mess up our trip is the health of my BIL in Michigan. He was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer earlier this year. If he were to pass away over that time of course we would have to cancel.  The regular oncologists told him he had 6-10 months and that was in March. He went to Florida to a "clinic" that's treating him with Chelation and  Cannabis oil.  No idea if this will extend his life or not. The interesting thing is that  we had planned for a trip just like this in '08 and my MIL got sick..............with pancreatic cancer .  Then we didn't go because DW was her primary support and caregiver.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Nice pics, MT.

SRD for me today. I got 2 good runs in this weekend, starting to feel like

a runner again.

XT: Montana, from the twisted mind of Zappa. He jams the hell out of that

tune on a bootleg I used to have from early 70's. LSD and MJ may have

influenced the lyrics, just a guess.

QOTD: When you take the route with the rocky climb and pass hikers that

just think your showing off. "I'm just out for my Sunday run, honest"

NHLA

NHLA

Wild azalea.   Rain rain rain  no running for two days.  Flooding in the usual places.

runtraildc

rainy rest day here, too. More rain tomorrow, but a running buddy asked to meet for a run, so we'll try to sneak one in during one of the lighter spells.  I think he is counting on the same thing I am-- the likelihood of getting out is increased exponentially once you've made plans with someone else.

NHLA- nice azalea picture!

Oh, Montana-- how much I would love to see you. For the time being, I'll have to just enjoy the pics.

NorthernHarrier

Sitting in a beautiful, swanky hotel room at the Zion gate. No run today but some spectacular hiking and amazingly the crowds are very moderate. The plan is to do my epic 20 miler tomorrow which should be pretty cool. I think this retirement stuff is gonna work out just fine.

Warden--My plan is to be in Glacier that weekend(sep 15-17) but can't officially commit yet as there is as I mentioned before a possible conflict with a backpacking trip planned with a buddy and while I am flexible he is not quite so much so we shall see. Actually now at this point the following weekend may work out better for me so if you wanted to move it based on Daydreamers flexibility then I could totally commit to the wknd of the 23 & 24th. One way or another I will be doing a week of camping and epic runs from Yellowstone to Glacier sometime in Sept.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

DD, NH- either weekend will work for me.  Should be a great time to explore some of Glacier 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √