Trailer Trash

How cold is TOO cold for your canine running partner? (Read 33 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, I read that labs have great coats for winter and the cold.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Latent Runner

Yeah, I read that labs have great coats for winter and the cold.

Yup, lots of oil in their coats.  I used to take our yellow lab out on trail runs which would cross causeways through iced over ponds and swamps.  I would frequently throw sticks and such out over the ice and he'd routinely break through the ice, fetch the stick, swim back to the edge of the ice, struggle to get up out of the water, race back to me, and practically beg me to throw it into the water again.  While he was a physical specimen par excellence, I'm not sure he was so well endowed in the brains department.  Joking

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
      • 2-mile: 13:49
      • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
      • 5-Mile: 37:24
      • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
      • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
      • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
      FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I kind of notice that with a lot labs.......... males in particular. Joking I think Rocky's fur is more like a Lab's fur than an ACD. You tell me

Rocky with my son:

A Black Lab:

An ACD:

Yup, lots of oil in their coats.  I used to take our yellow lab out on trail runs which would cross causeways through iced over ponds and swamps.  I would frequently throw sticks and such out over the ice and he'd routinely break through the ice, fetch the stick, swim back to the edge of the ice, struggle to get up out of the water, race back to me, and practically beg me to throw it into the water again.  While he was a physical specimen par excellence, I'm not sure he was so well endowed in the brains departmentJoking

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)