Trailer Trash

It's Monday (Read 30 times)

moonlightrunner

Welcome, Hoglife. It sounds like you have some fun races coming up.

I am not sure I will run tonight. It is always hard to get myself out the door after a bad day at work. I'll see after the DD gets home from work and I am off grandmother duty.

Qotd: I really don't like my job. If I could change it would be something I do that you is not unpleasant, pays reasonably well that I don't have to worry about when I am not there. Then...I can fully concentrate on the important things like my family and running.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Uh oh... now what?

Two weather 'lerts send us out a bit earlier than usual.

Hmmm -- * periods of heavy rain will develop this afternoon and persist through Wednesday. Rainfall amounts are expected to be significant. About 3 to 6 inches of rain is expected to fall over...

Hmmm#2 --* Wind...southeast wind 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 55 mph through Tuesday morning...

It was a bit wet and some of the wet was horizontal. It would be an interesting night run, if a person were so inclined.  I are not.

QOTD  I never had a career and I think it is too late now.

Happy birthday NH.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening, still plugging away on 5x5 routine-starting to get tougher

Happy Birthday Harrier!

qotd: I had my dream job being a game warden; now semi-retired (semi as in collecting a pension, but working full time) I'm like Lace- just put the $ in my account and give me some free time 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

oh and welcome aboard hog4life!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Rest day today.

QOTD:  It took me 20 years to settle on a career. I loved the work (systems analysis and programming) and hated the office politics which created a lot of unnecessary stress. Much happier in my second career as a bookseller working half-time.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Daydreamer1

My trail running will be limited to one day per weekend to start with, I live about 45-60 drive from the trails, I drive a full size truck, so daily commutes that far are out of the question.

Don't sweat it if your not running a lot of trails. I live in the middle of the country with nary a trail in sight, all private land around me.  Real trails are 22-35 miles away. Consequently I haven't been on a real trail in months, although part of that was due to rehabbing a ankle sprain.

hog4life

Thanks for the welcome.

QOTD; I have worked my ass off in a steel mill for 30+ years. I'm looking at 7-10 more till I tell them see ya! If I could pick another, or have a do over, I wouldn't mind being a surgeon. Always liked that disecting stuff.

Uh oh... now what?

Rest day today.

QOTD:  It took me 20 years to settle on a career. I loved the work (systems analysis and programming) and hated the office politics which created a lot of unnecessary stress. Much happier in my second career as a bookseller working half-time.

I changed my mind.  I want wcrunner2's job.  Bookstores come in a close

second to trails when it comes time to decide where I am happiest.