Trailer Trash

Weekender dailies (Read 18 times)

Daydreamer1

Went to the gym this morning with DS.  Been a long time since I've been there. I'm going to be sore tomorrow. On top of that it's been officially confirmed. I've turned into a weakling .   I need to go once a week and work on just strength, no cardio.

Planning on heading up on the mountain for 17-18 miles. Probably going to wait until this evening so it's cooler.

QOTD:  Sunblock. What do you use and how much?

I use Coppertone Sport SPF 30. I like the way it goes on and it seems to last. One year I was very diligent about putting it on my arms and face and it took me until the end of May to get a full tan.  I normally slather it on. Most of the time when I head out I'm looking white, especially my face and head. I even work it into the little hair that I have left.

XtremeTaper

7 miles last night at Coventry Woods. Despite warm temps and stifling humidity I had a fantastic run. Best run since my 100 miler 3 weeks ago. A brisk pace and a normal, sort of fast time for this trail loop. Just say NO to the shuffle. Today, a sort of regular run out on the blue trails of Green Lane. 8 miles with the Lady. Weird day, grey and calm, with light drizzle, mist. Still pretty humid, but the clouds kept the temps down.

QOTD: I never use it while running.

Dreamer - I started back with weights 1-2 times a week about a year ago. I don't try to lift heavy stuff, but I do think it complements my overall fitness. Summer is more like once a week.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Lost a few pounds today while running 10 miles in some humid conditions.  Near the end, we finally felt a breeze and it was amazing how my energy picked up with just a slight drop in temperature.  Amazing what hot weather can do to your energy level.

QOTD:  I'm a pasty white man with Irish heritage, what do you think.  Use it for any run without cover, and when out by the pool or playing golf. I always have 1 or 2 spray bottles of SPF 30 in the car in my "outdoors" box.  At the Sole Challenge 24hr, we kept telling this one woman she was looking "pink".  She said she was fine.  She was running the 12 hour and when I saw her around 8:00pm, she was a lobster. Worst sunburn I've seen at a race.  Looked like one of those old Coppertone ads.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Did 4 miles this morning on the flats by the river. Very slow and easy, which is my plan for this week.

qotd: typically use a 'waterproof' spf 30 for exposed runs and golf. Especially on face, ears and neck.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

I ran 5 in the middle of the day. I sewed up an ice bandana, and it worked quite well.

QOTD: I normally try to run very early or at night during the summer. However, most of my running is in the woods, so I don't use anything when running. I know I should.

LB2

muppy

Got in 6.3 miles yesterday  after work, was 91° with a slight breeze and it didn't feel that bad. I guess I'm getting acclimated to the heat a little.

QOTD I work outside and I use a Coppertone sweat proof, waterproof, everything proof SPF 15.  When I run I don't usually use anything.

Daydreamer1

Got in 17.6 miles yesterday.  Started out weak then as I climbed higher up the mountain it got cooler and the breeze picked up. Humidity also dropped some so I was one of the nicer runs I've had in awhile. Didn't eat quite enough though and ended up with some mild stomach issues. Went late to miss the heat so I ran about a hour in the dark. DW texted me just before I got done wondering how I was doing. She said she was checking to make sure I was OK, I said she was checking to see if I had been eaten by a bear yet so she could start filing for the life insurance .

Heading up for about 14-15 miles on the dirt road. DW will take her bike along and ride while I run.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I saw 3 deer on the drive to the trail head. 12 miles on the trails climbing about 2000 feet. No trips or falls so I'm calling it a win.

Sunscreen?  If I'll be done before 8 am, which 95% of the time I am, I don't worry about it. But when I do use it I use factor 50 sometimes spray sometimes lotion.

You people have issues 

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 13 miles on a logging road with DW.  One of those runs where I kept waiting to feel good, but it never happened. It was a slogfest.

*Trail Runner Rant

Got dusted passed by two ATV's, which was not good because the road is closed to ATV's. They have miles and miles of trails, but want to drag race on the smoother twisting logging road (which is why the Park Service closed it to them). Pisses me off when they fly by and I have to deal with their dust for the next few minutes. There were probably 30 ATV's in the lot when we got back, so it's sad how a few assholes make all the others look bad.

* End of Rant

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Decided late last night to go ahead and run the Double Trouble 15K/30K race this morning at French Creek SP. I've hiked there many years ago so I knew there would be rocks and hills. they allow a mid-race decision whether to continue and run a second lap for 30K or stop and finish at 15K. This was a no brainer for me because I wasn't going to make the 2 hour cutoff time on the first 15K loop anyway. It was a really good training run with 4 good climbs, but I forgot my Garmin so I have no data on the elevation gain.

QOTD: I rarely use sunscreen and have regretted that more than once. I have used Solarcaine as a result.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Decided late last night to go ahead and run the Double Trouble 15K/30K race this morning at French Creek SP. 

That's a great race. I've did it once totally convinced I was running 2 laps and then bagged after one and another time I was in for 1 lap and felt great so went for 2. I always thought ti was an interesting race setup. Pus Ron's races are always nice.

Wonder if XT was there. It's his home turf.

XtremeTaper

Decided late last night to go ahead and run the Double Trouble 15K/30K race this morning at French Creek SP. I've hiked there many years ago so I knew there would be rocks and hills. they allow a mid-race decision whether to continue and run a second lap for 30K or stop and finish at 15K. This was a no brainer for me because I wasn't going to make the 2 hour cutoff time on the first 15K loop anyway. It was a really good training run with 4 good climbs, but I forgot my Garmin so I have no data on the elevation gain.

QOTD: I rarely use sunscreen and have regretted that more than once. I have used Solarcaine as a result.

Congrats on your race at French Creek! I have just turned the corner on recovery from my June race so opted against running this year. I often do this race. Maybe the half wit half next month. Below is a profile I found on-line. Funny, I thought it was more like 1,000-1,200 feet overall. It sure feels like it on a few of the steep rocky climbs.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/birdsboro-pa/double-trouble-15k-race-route-241428977

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Congrats on your race at French Creek! I have just turned the corner on recovery from my June race so opted against running this year. I often do this race. Maybe the half wit half next month. Below is a profile I found on-line. Funny, I thought it was more like 1,000-1,200 feet overall. It sure feels like it on a few of the steep rocky climbs.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/birdsboro-pa/double-trouble-15k-race-route-241428977

Thanks! I thought it felt like more also although my legs never felt as tired as they do when I run the Mt Joy - Mt Misery loop.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.