Trailer Trash

This is your Thursdaily (Read 37 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got out for 4 miles this morning.  After work I need to fix my AC unit.  The fan motor broke (conveniently) when the HVAC guy was doing a routine spring maintenance on the system. The fan worked when he first turned it on but by the time he was almost done, it did not.  His quote was close to $600.  So I said I would call to schedule.  After researching, it looked easy to fix. So I have the old one ripped out and the new one ready.  *Disclaimer - I am not a handyman but this appears to be fairly easy and it will save $450.  No brainer!!!

QOTD: What "noise" do you have in your life are you currently dealing with (or trying to ignore)?

Me - I am a doer and have a hard time ignoring all the projects around the house.  It is noise to me because I am so distracted by it.  I know when you are a home owner, the projects never end.  I keep trying to tell myself that and keep it in perspective.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Good morning... the Lady and I had a nice run over at Coventry Woods last night. More typical spring weather with temps in the upper 60's with grey skies and calm conditions. We had the park to ourselves, or at least did not see anyone. Mixed up my regular 7 mile loop and added in another climb up to the ridge and down for a total of around 9.5 miles. Good run. I think maybe we will hit HayCreek/Birdsboro reservoir this evening. Nasty hills over there but some gravel road sections make it easier in places.

QOTD: Mostly outdoor/yard stuff right now. We have many annual beds and some tropical plants (canna's/calladiums) that I plant every year. The beds really took a hit with weeds last year and I need to attend to all of those plus get mulch, open the pool, blah blah blah. I am way behind due to the late arrival of spring and vacation last month.

Boyjame - Hope your fix works. Make sure the breakers are off if there is wiring! I am not handy either but manage a few things. Anything electrical, I am paranoid and the whole house goes dark! LOL.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I have not run all week. I have a lot of noise that has me distracted...

QOTD: Noise. The loudest noise is an ear infection that has had me sidelined. I should have stayed home yesterday, but I honestly have too much going on at work to miss. Apparently, I am the only dumbass at any of our campuses who feels a sense of urgency about things... I am just ready for this semester to be over and hope to get a good summer of training in for an early fall 50 miler, leading to a late winter mountain 50K, leading to an early spring 100 miler.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Enjoying a day off work, and sleeping in after having the boys dropped off to the bus. DD is still sick, but I'll drive her to school for a lab, then she'll come home on the bus. Which - leaves room for a nice afternoon run for me, yay! Heat run it's going to be, but that's exactly what I need now. The threat of 90+ degrees at MMT100 really gets me going now!

Jamie: +1 on the breakers. In my days as a self-sustained single woman, I got zapped twice at 220V, and it was awful!

XT: I love tropical plants! If I could only grow them without having to take them out each fall and put them in again every spring!

LB2: Ear infections seem to be going around. Hope you will heal up soon again!

QOTD: Gardening - a never-ending task, and I've been doing really well at ignoring it so far. No harm done, weeds sprouting great. Wait, I think I was supposed to get the weeds out and grow real flowers there...

Second noise is coming from the kids, or rather, DD being sick with a stomach bug, which - according to the doc - may last anywhere from 1 to 6 days. I'm worried it will run through the whole family, and I might catch it, too. That's why I'm washing my hands like a madwoman now.

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

I have been away for a bit. Not feeling much like a runner because it is so inconsistent. I have good news though. Today a new double jogging stroller should be arriving so I will be able to run more consistently. I won't subject them to runs of longer than an hour.I also Jane a large piece of mosquito netting to wrap around it to keep the little ones safe from the swarms due to arrive any day. And...DD's work schedule is changing so during the week I should be able to get some longer runs in.

No run tonight....but strong potential tomorrow!

Qotd: see above.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from a 31 mile bike ride, my butt hurts. Not used to sitting on a bike seat. Might end up doing a walk with DW later or maybe another ride. All depends on what she wants to do.

QOTD: Too much noise. I'm convinced that I let things bother me too much. Work wise there is a lot of stuff going on that I can't control but irritates me.  Then on the home front it's dealing with the kids and their issues. Just because they are over 21 doesn't mean you don't have to be involved with them. College kids are poor and still dependent on parents for a lot of stuff.

dpc3

Sup folks! I've gotten in two 4 mile runs under the cover of the moon the past two mornings with the devil dog. Starting to get my arse in gear and focused on a couple races.

Hope you all are well.

QOTD: Noise, let's see constantly being pulled away from work I want to get done to work that apparently needs to get done but just sits there, kid activities and needs, pregnant wife needs, honey-do's that will not end and fitting in some time for myself. I just chalk it up as life, put my nose to the ground and plow through it.

runtraildc

Hi folks!  Been absent a few days, mostly because I haven't run since Sunday.  Just giving the glute time to mend from whatever pissed it off.  So, I went to yoga today, which was good.

qotd:  Oh the usual, need to buckle down and find a job.  But then I start looking to summer and think "What about a 3 week camping trip to Glacier NP, Yellowstone and Teton with the boys?"  My guess is that everything is booked.

some call me Tim

Nice 3 miler at home today... even the muddy areas are drying up nicely and I plotted out part of the new extension with surveyor's tape yesterday.

Boyjame, take pictures... as many as you think you need. I have worked out some particularly hairy appliance and electrical problems that way, cause once it's all apart somehow you can never remember

qotd: Oh, man... let's just assume I'm ignoring it successfully enough that I can't think of anything

Have a great evening, everybody... smell that cut grass!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Got in 9.5 miles on lots of hill - yes, just one hill, up an down on all the trails that are there. The final descent was down over boulders, very steep and tricky (the uphill stretch of the "Shingletown Boulders" of the Rothrock Trail Challenge - if you think climbing them up is brutal, here's a hint to remember: It's worse going down!).

As usual, I lost the trail on the boulder field and realized at some point that I was way off to the right, where I know the trail leads along the left side of the spine of the hill. After a short climb (literally) through the wilderness, I found the trail again, but the going was not any better there, either. If I was to master such a stretch on the upcoming race in the night, and possibly rain, I am not sure I could actually do it. 

The heat also got to me a bit (80 degrees), telling me that I'll have to take advantage of the next few days, where temps in the mid-80 are forecasted. And I thought I could be tapering now. 

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

some strength training this evening, tapering for the weekend

FYTC- you've had your share of "adventures" of late 

qotd: happily not much, I do a pretty good job of toning out "noise"

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 5 miles on the road today.  I might get kicked out of the group before my 24hr since I've been logging a lot of road miles.  I've been fighting a virus for 2 days and it's really making me feel pretty tired.  Something about taper time and illness for me.

Couch - you've been so directionally challenged lately that you sound like Kelly.

Jamie - good luck with the AC fix.  I fix everything in my house as I hate calling service guys to fix something that I know I can fix.  It usually works out well except for that one time...

QOTD:  Obamacare... 'nuff said.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Couch - you've been so directionally challenged lately that you sound like Kelly.

AT: I don't measure up to him, but someone will have to take his spot...  I'm sad we lost him. Anyone know what he's been up to lately? Actually, I now remember having thought about him right before I got lost - that must have jinxed it!

Seriously, I am just not paying attention on my runs right now, I think that's what gets me in trouble every time. I pay more attention to each single rock, trying to avoid tripping, and then it seems I lose the big picture.

Now if there was an app, where I could enter beforehand where O'd like to run, and then the thing beeps at each turn, maybe that would work. IF I could convince myself to bring a phone or such on my runs, that is...

Run for fun.