Trailer Trash

Toxic Tuesday (Read 15 times)

LB2

I ran 4 after work yesterday. I'll do 4 to 6 after work today.

QOTD: What is the most fun you have ever had at an event/race?

I would have to say the most fun I have ever had at a race was the Equinox 10 miler last March. The race is run at Clear Springs Recreational Area in Roxie, Mississippi. There are quite a number of hills and some smooth single track, not super technical in most places. I ran second in the race after we got lost and ended up in last place. So, we had to catch everyone on the course and pass them. It was just a lot of fun running fast and slipping and sliding through the mud. The guy who won and I ran a long way together until he passed me about 6 or 7 miles in. I still had to catch one guy to get second, and I blew past him with less than a mile to go.

LB2

runtraildc

Walked two miles yesterday evening.  Doctor's appt later today, but I suspect (worry) the diagnosis will be to give it some more time.  I still have some discomfort and either the bone hasn't healed or the chip is giving me trouble.  Maybe signing up for those August races wasn't such a good idea...

LB- what's 'toxic' today?

qotd: Ran a couple of relays (Reach the Beach in NH-- pre Ragnar).  The second time was more fun-- I was better prepared, managed sleep & food better, and had an easygoing, fun group.  I think both times we were almost DFL by one team.

LB2

LB- what's 'toxic' today?

For some reason, the other guy in my office was talking about meth labs. I don't remember why that subject came up.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Probably a short jog/hike with the Lady after work today to see how the swollen area below my knee reacts... or maybe not. Some walking at least.

QOTD: I am going to say the Half Wit Half Trail race in 2006. I raced a forumite from the old RW forum, we went back and forth, me killing him on the downhills, him catching up on the uphills. I termed it the "thrilla on the hilla". We crossed the line at the same time after I stopped for a cup of beer and the last aid station, and it turned out we became life long friends. I also ran my best time ever on that course that year, just over 2 hours, and snagged my first horse's ass trophy as an AG award.

Runtrail - You slept during RTB relay? I never could manage that! I ran that relay 3 or 4 years in a row. The year the course went up the Kancamangus Pass, I got to do that big 2,000 foot road climb. It was pretty fun, sort of Tour de France like in a way. Best wishes on the foot.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

bike to work; going to run tomorrow morning- we are back in heat wave mode after a heavenly week long reprieve

qotd: my first Bob Marshall Open- we didn't really know what to expect, overcame several challenges (deep snow passes, tough river fords, sketchy weather) and soaked in some spectacular scenery- perfect!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

6 miles yesterday & group run tonight for 6 more.

qotd  Ran Blue Ridge Relay twice. Great relay across the blue ridge mts.  Grandfather Mt is a 8 mile climb and thats not the hardest leg.

Ran as a 6 runner team & a 12 runner team.

I would like to run the Smoky Mt relay some day. Mabe we could put together a trailer trash team.

Gator eye

I ran 6 slow with Mr Jangles, then hit the treadmill for 4 miles worth of speed work. Funny thing about this mornings run I don't remember running the first six. I remember stopping for a nature call and I remember a dog coming out and barking but I'm drawing a complete blank on those first 6 miles. I've spent more time trying to remember those six miles than it took me to run them. It's kind of disturbing.

QOTD: Running Superior last fall, there are some serious mountains and climbing on that course, something this flatland doesn't get to do to often.

Hope everbody on the injured reserve gets healthy soon.

Daydreamer1

At work running from call to call. If I get out on time at 6 PM I would have time for a run but I'm tired and my knee is hurting so I'll probably skip it today. If not it will just be a short 5 mile loop.

Gator - The important question is does Mr Jangles remember the run?  You must have been in quite the zone. Happens occasionally. You get talking with the voices   and forget you're running.

QOTD:  Probably was 2012 at Rothrock 30k. It had rained for several days prior and we ran through a swampy area. The lady in from of me going through the mud had never run on a trail and had white shorts on. We had a lot of fun just plowing through the knee deep slop while other people tried to pick their way around it.  Turned  in a very good time as well.  I think they took that section out of the race now for some reason.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice 7 miles this morning.  Sure is cool in the mornings.  I guess that is something you eastern folks don't want to hear.

QOTD:  I think it was crewing Run Junkie at Western States.  I also paced him 20 miles.  Non running related but in high school as a freshmen I was on the ski team but not a person they picked to race.  I was dong a pre run where they test the timer.   flew down that hill flawlessly and it felt soo good I remember seeing my brother and yelling out PARTY!!!  My tie was the fastest of the day (ok I don't rember if it was or not but it was in the top) and after that I  got to race every time.   That was fun!  I am running Ragner this weekend so hope it will be fun.  Also thinking the Trailfest is going to be fun.

Gator eye:  You were deep in the zone!

runtrailDC:  My teammates are all wondering how they will get their sleep in. So I am worried that they might not be much fun.    'm more worried about spacing out my beer drinking so that I can still run.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

QOTD:  I think it was crewing Run Junkie at Western States.  I also paced him 20 miles.  Non running related but in high school as a freshmen I was on the ski team but not a person they picked to race.  I was dong a pre run where they test the timer.   flew down that hill flawlessly and it felt soo good I remember seeing my brother and yelling out PARTY!!!  My tie was the fastest of the day (ok I don't rember if it was or not but it was in the top) and after that I  got to race every time.   That was fun!  I am running Ragner this weekend so hope it will be fun.  Also thinking the Trailfest is going to be fun.

Is Ragner a Hardrock qualifier, or is Hardrock a Ragner qualifier? I can't remember which way it goes, Sue? Hahaha

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a few miles this morning and then came back woke up DS1 and got out for 2 more.

QOTD: Probably my first real trail race in 2010 - the Conestoga 10 miler.  It was brutal.  I loved and hated it all at the same time.  It definitely sold me on trail races.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Last to the party today.  Hope everyone is having a good one.

Ran 8 miles while exploring the rest of the "hidden" trail that I found last week. After a long climb, I came up to a pickup truck blasting music in the middle of the woods. Ended up being a guy marking trees for removal. WTF, I just found this sweet trail and now it's going to be deforested. I was mad as hell the rest of the run.

QOTD:  Buffalo Stampede 18 miler.  It was my first long trail race and besides miles of single track, we went through a tunnel under the highway, had to jump 10 feet to the water below and at one point "ran" 1/4 mile in knee deep water.  Later in the race we ran next to a driving range and people were trying to hit us. I ended up 5th overall and 4th place Master.  The winner was also a Master, so the first 5 places were men over 40. That's when I knew trail running was for me. Ended up with 6 stitches too.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Remember, I'm not an ultra runner so I need my sleep while running!  I know that section of the pass.  Fun (for the sick ones).  And Queen, even with my cat naps, it was fun and so was everyone else.  Have a great weekend and good luck on the beer timing.

Runtrail - You slept during RTB relay? I never could manage that! I ran that relay 3 or 4 years in a row. The year the course went up the Kancamangus Pass, I got to do that big 2,000 foot road climb. It was pretty fun, sort of Tour de France like in a way. Best wishes on the foot.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yea make fun of me!!  It's still on trail you know!!!    I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!

Is Ragner a Hardrock qualifier, or is Hardrock a Ragner qualifier? I can't remember which way it goes, Sue? Hahaha

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Got up and did 4 mi before work this morning (Wed).  I was feeling sluggish and my foot took a while to warm up, but I got it done.

qotd: I think crewing and pacing a friend at Western States.  There were three of us crew/pacers and none of us knew the course or the roads, but we had a lot of fun figuring it out - somehow it worked out and our friend finished.  I also had a great time doing Pinhoti because I was being crewed by the DD and seeing her at various points along the point-to-point course was so great.  Plus it turned into an enjoyable weekend-plus road trip for the two of us.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL