Trailer Trash

Waiting Wednesdailies (Read 29 times)

DigDug2

It's really noon EDT and no daily?  7.5 on the road this a.m., still grossly humid.

QOTD:  can't think of anything original, so August mileage?  228 for me.

XtremeTaper

I took LadyB the gsp out to Birdsboro/Hay Creek trails last night for a 7 mile hilly trail run. Happy to report she is back to normal. A few distant rumbles of thunder and clouds blew in as the run progressed but mother nature was only teasing us as just some light sprinkles fell for a few minutes. The rain was so light that I really didn't feel it under the canopy. Good run though. The run ends with a long uphill climb over the last 2 miles  (500-600 feet) and I felt pretty good and was not shagging it at the end. Similar run planned for tonight over at Coventry Woods.

QOTD: 256 miles for August. That's a pretty good month for me. Only took one day off from running and it was because we had plans to drive across state to go white water rafting. Should have snuck in a run before the rafting trip.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Occasional Runner

5 easy with the pup before work. I could be convinced to call it a hike, but I'm logging it as a run because there was some jogging involved.

QOTD: 354 miles.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bike commute to work today.  That's all I got.

QOTD: I'll be the caboose of this train with 41 miles.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So since I can't let my dog out in the morning without a muzzle I was forced to get out of bed and take Earl for a run.  Yes he still squealed and barked with happiness and excitement as we heading down the road.  Got almost 6..it was one of those runs in which I started to think the trail looked  strang, different in some way so I stopped and realized I missed the usual turn off. 

QOTD:  I ran 75 last month which isn't so bad when you consider I took a full two weeks off.

Mady:  41 is pretty good considering where you have come from.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Good afternoon, folks!  Just finished a lunch workout at the gym.  Just under 4 miles on the treadmill,  with speed intervals, and a short strength session.  It's still fairly humid here and decided to just keep it indoors today.

Sandy-- when is your big move?  (eating kimchi with my lunch made me think of that)

qotd:  uncharacteristically, I did not maintain an accurate log last month.  Probably somewhere between Queen and Mandy.

NorthernHarrier

Looks to be quiet at this joint.  I am eating lunch at McD's in the Dells. (Jonfer-it's a salad)  In a span of just a few days this place turned into a ghost town. It's actually nice here.

So up before light and running intervals in the Arb. Went good, real good. Almost time to take a headlamp along as these days are getting shorter daily.

QOTD--Not much here these days, without the numbers handy I would say just a little over a hundred.

Sandy-2

Another SRD.  I have a bunch of folks in this week, hosting a 3 day meeting at work.  Lots of food and dinners out. I should be running... we're going to a South African restaurant tonight (whatever that is, but it looks really good).

runtraildc, Ummmmmm  kimche.  I move in the middle of October.

qotd: 128 miles this month. I'm still on my planned string of cutback weeks during the hot Texas summer.

tbd.

LB2

Rest day. I have my uncle's wake tonight. No way I will get in a run today, which is fine.

QOTD: My B goal was 200, My A goal was 225. I think I got 202, but I flaked out on my long run in the heat the last weekend of August. And you know what?! I didn't care!!! Anyway, I am feeling pretty good right now. I have had a pretty good block of training this summer, lots of miles, lots of vertical gain (on the treadmill mostly), and quite a bit of fast running mixed in with the long runs. I have a 50 miler on Sept. 20 and a 100 miler on November 1. Physically, I am in great shape for both. I just need to keep my mental focus on the 100.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6 in wonderfully warm autumn weather. Very enjoyable.

Mishap of the day (I seem to have a streak going there): my sons' school misplaced their registrations for after-school activities, so they were dismissed after classes - while I was out running. So they entertained themselves at home for about an hour. Good thing I did not know that while I was enjoying the day.

QOTD: 178, unless I forgot to log some miles, which seems to happen a lot lately (usually because the website freezes). Which is ok, cosidering it was 2 taper weeks and then recovery from ES100.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

had a great this morning, pr'd by three minutes my fastest previous time on a 6 mile loop- Woot!

qotd: pretty weak sauce at 88 miles, I did log 74 miles of walking- two backpacking trips Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

charlesmoman

Too busy getting my passport and other errands.

So . . . it turned out to be a rest day - which I rarely take, except on Sunday.

I will say though, I ended the day feeling pretty sore because I did not take a walk of any distance.

QOTD - about 145-50 miles of concerted walking - with a little bit of slow jogging.

Rebuilding and rehab is moving along, but not fast enough for me.

Six month anniversary of my wreck will be in 2 weeks at the North Coast 24-hour event in Cleveland.

That race will be a good way of celebrating survival.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Bike commute to work today.  That's all I got.

QOTD: I'll be the caboose of this train with 41 miles.

Sorry Mandy--I am the caboose with 32.25 miles.  Maybe I will beat you in September.  Not looking good so far...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Sorry Mandy--I am the caboose with 32.25 miles.  Maybe I will beat you in September.  Not looking good so far...

We can ride together in the caboose Smile At least we'll have good company!

Running is dumb.