Trailer Trash

Snowy Sundailies (Read 37 times)

The pooch and I did a speedy 4 mile trail run. I have been going a bit shorter and faster on my runs this week and I think my pace is the best it has ever been.  I feel like I could PR at 5K, 10K, and probably HM if I felt like road racing.  Not that I am fast, mind you Smile

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I think I am going to kick back today...may take my muttley for a walk.  It snowed here Friday so I need to clear my dish if a truly want to have a lazy day...which I do.  Maybe lay on the couch and read John's book about running.

QOTD: First Christmas memory from childhood that pops up in your head.

We had five kids and my Mom was sick of us shaking the boxes and trying to guess what was in them before Christmas.  my brother Tim was really good at guessing.  So one year she used a complicated number system to identify who the gifts were for.  That Christmas it worked for most of the gifts but by the end she was getting confused so we would open a gift and she would say "Oh no that's not for you that's for Chris."  It was pretty funny.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

I frickin' LOVE running in the snow!   DW and I just got back from a great 7 miler on snowy trails with snow coming down.  I could hear the crunch of leaves under my feet and we were making fresh tracks on about 2" of snow.  The only negative was how much trash we picked up along the trails.  I was on this same section 2 weeks ago, so I'm pretty sure it's from the hunters.  I ended up with 3 soda bottles, 2 empty cigarette packs and 3 food wrappers.  DW had another 2 bottles 2 hand empty warmer packets and  a Hostess apple pie wrapper.  When we got close to the truck, we saw an empty box of beer - Natural Light. So not only are these jerks littering the beautiful trails, they drink crappy beer!

QOTD:  My dad used to line up all four of us kids and have us sing the 12 Days of Christmas.  He would point to one of us on each number, trying to get us to mess up.  I did the same thing with my 3 kids when they were little.  DD #1 says she does it as a drinking game now with her friends. Smile

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I totally underestimated the snow this morning, I had planned for 11 miles but not a minute after starting on the trails I realized how difficult that was going to be. 4-5 inches of snow, and then the ungodly uneven footing that other's footprints caused - my feet were landing in all sorts of directions, bending my ankles in awful ways, my calves were conspiring mutiny on me...... it was just freaking awful - I hate snow! Right around mile 1 I was thinking "fuck it, I'll do 2 miles and give up".... around mile 2.5 I was thinking "I'll finish with 4 and just deal with it"...... but by mile 4 I was thinking "fuck you snow, I will do 5!", and then it became 6 and then I finally felt good enough with 7.1 miles in 1:29:34. I hiked quite a bit of it, near the end my calves were done screaming and it was my quads' turn to scream and hate me.

I am wore out, I am exhausted and I know I will be feeling it tomorrow. Rocky was loving it by the way, he was in a winter wonderland with all the snow but I think he was done too.

Right around mile 4, you could see on my face I was getting my ass kicked.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

muppy

Got in 7.1 last night and 5 miles this morning, now I get to do snow removal at work, thinking 12-14 hour day, stinks today but nice on payday!

QOTD I would have to say coming down the steps Christmas morning and seeing all the presents under the tree. Also remember telling Santa around kindergarten age I wanted a real machine gun to shoot at people!Blush

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

we're still below 0, going on a week now Sad  I'm going to try and get to the gym and see if I can tough out a couple of hours on the treadmill.  My Grizzlies lost a close game yesterday, despite the 0 temps and the crazy fans (including me)- it wasn't enough to hold off Coastal Carolina's powerhouse offense- congrats to them to travel 3000 miles into one of the the most hostile environs in the FCS and get a win.

qotd: I remember getting a lever action BB gun, but don't recall any warnings about putting my eye out- what the heck kind of parents did I have? Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

started out with DS in the snow earlier, and turned back after a block because of a sharp pain in the lower, left shin.  I think I'm dealing with shin splints in this leg, same side as the sprain last month.  Haven't had shin splints since HS track, and this seems more localized to the lower shin.  Went to the gym for a slow treadmill jog to test it further (ok, but a little sore) and a short strength session.  halfway thru, ran into my neighbor, chatted a bit then decided to go home.

qotd:  counting presents under the tree, to make sure that all four kids were getting an equal number of gifts.  I like to think I had just learned to count and was practicing....I've relaxed a little since then.

Chnaiur

Cared for a 5-year-old with stomach flu all night, and didn't sleep more than 45 minutes uninterrupted. So, skipping my long run but will do 8 in the park.

QOTD: First memory is just the entire extended family gathered in my mothers living room with the xmas tree and all the presents under it. My granddad slipped out to check the parking meter for his car, and soon after that Santa arrived. Granddad was really bummed that he missed Santa this year AGAIN. (Yes, in Sweden the kids get to meet Santa on Christmas Eve. He distributes the gifts under the tree, and reads all the rhymes out.)

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Birdwell

Afternoon folks! SRD for me.

QOTD: Catching "Santa" putting together a trampoline in our backyard when I was around 7 or 8. I don't think it registered at that moment it was my dad, but was the start of my unbelief.

Occasional Runner

Just woke up from a nap.

I'm friends with a lot of you on Facebook, so this is old news, sorry.

I won the Cajun Coyote 100 this morning. I finished in 19:01:10, beating the 2nd place runner by almost two hours. I led all 100 miles of the race. LB2 paced me to the finish and he did an amazing job. He's probably the best pacer I've ever had. It was an amazing experience.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Had a great 10 mile run in the quiet woods, no hunting on Sunday. Temps were in the

20's and the sky had that grayish hue it has when it snows, but no snow today.

Nice job to all you folks still getting runs in with the snow.

QOTD: My earliest memory was trying to figure out how Santa Claus makes in down

the chimney. I tend to analyse things.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I won the Cajun Coyote 100 this morning. I finished in 19:01:10, beating the 2nd place runner by almost two hours. I led all 100 miles of the race. LB2 paced me to the finish and he did an amazing job. He's probably the best pacer I've ever had. It was an amazing experience.

News to me...Huge congrats.  That's your first win right?  Awesome, it's been a long time coming and well deserved.  Congrats again.

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

News to me...Huge congrats.  That's your first win right?  Awesome, it's been a long time coming and well deserved.  Congrats again.

My first win. It turns out these 100 milers aren't easy to win!

Chnaiur

My first win. It turns out these 100 milers aren't easy to win!

Awesome - congratulations! Look forward to the RR!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congrats lace_up! That is awesome!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)