Trailer Trash

Dirty Dancing Wednesday (Read 21 times)

NHLA

9 miles.

Dirty Dancing remake on ABC at 8 pm. Filmed near my house at Kanga Conference Center. Looking forward to seeing my trails and locals.

Pats Dance owner was in first and now second movie.

Qotd  are you watching  ?

AT-runner

Tim

Some easy miles at lunch and then rest up until Friday.

QOTD:  Nobody puts Baby in a corner!   Hadn't panned on it, but DD#2 is home right now for a few days, so I'm sure she'll have it on.  Her TV choices are different than mine.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

5k last night, not a race just the distance I ran.

AT: weather looks ok for this weekend.  Doesn't appear to be too hot.

QOTD: Nope.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

6 after work. I missed my run yesterday. Great way to start off my training.

QOTD: I doubt I watch.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Went to check my oil this morning and the radiator over flow was very low.  Since I just blew the motor and than had the water pump replaced I was afraid to do it again...I could see the water pump was still leaking.  So drove it straight to the shop and radiator fluid is splashed all over...aahh shit...come to find out I didn't put the cap back on tight.  Anyway I guess he need to put a new gasket in there.  It's like speaking to someone in a foreign language.   wish the old man would handle this shit!

So no run this morning but a co-worker gave me a ride so here early and out 1.5 hours earlier.  May run.  Thinking I may need to drop out of my 50 miler due to my heel.  I am going to get new shoes and try to run long this weekend and than decide. 

QOTD:  I don't have TV, so no.  Probably no even if I did. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I bet your daughters do.  and nice work on your training plan

6 after work. I missed my run yesterday. Great way to start off my training.

QOTD: I doubt I watch.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  Not much going on around these parts.  The weather has been rainy and gloomy all week.  Here's hoping the long weekend is nice, since I'll be out bike camping...

QOTD: Nope, didn't even know this was a thing.  The only time we really watch real-time TV is for sports.  What year did the original Dirty Dancing come out?  I just remember getting in trouble as a kid for watching it, since it was rated R or something.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 5-ish miles in yesterday evening; big climb to start and a gentle loop back- that's it for running for awhile; let the legs rest up for this weekend

qotd: not sure if I saw the first one; if it's about dancing-no, if it's just dirty- then maybe 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I bet your daughters do.  and nice work on your training plan

They went to the beach.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Wanted to get in a long bike ride with DW and then a short run yesterday but that never happened. Instead we welcomed a new baby to the household and until we got it home and settled in for the night and introduced it to it's new home for the next 15-20 years I was just too tired to move.  God I hate car shopping .   Ended up getting a  Subaru Impreza Sport. Visited 3 different dealerships and drove multiple vehicles and I was honestly more wiped out than after running a 50k.

Today was supposed to be a long run up on the mountain but I have too much stuff to do so it will probably be about 6-7 miles on the road.

QOTD: Dirty Dancing, eh.  I'm really poor with movies but wasn't that originally shot many, many years ago in New York?  Is the remake cast as being in New York and just being shot in NC or does the story line have it in NC as well?  For some reason this movie and Animal House were really popular when I was in school.

As far as watching it goes, I won't. For starters I don't have TV, secondly it's not my type of movie. However, If it had been shot locally then I would just to see the places I would recognize.

runtraildc

Didn't run yesterday, but logged almost 4 miles of walking errands. I think that counts, right? Will run later during swim practice and before more rain arrives.

AT- good luck this weekend!

Harrier-- Congrats to the new grandpa (I'm a few days late). Glad to hear mom and baby are both well.

qotd: It's a musical so no. But I would watch if I was familiar with the filming location for the reasons NHLA and DD cited. And I did see the first one in the theatre, but I am now so old I cannot recall the year.

Sandy-2

Did 2 mi last night and then 3 today at lunch.  Both were really slow, sluggish, and my legs felt heavy. Working on the RR.

qotd: I hope not !!!!!!  (I may have to fight the DW for the remote.    Wink )

tbd.

XtremeTaper

9 miles for me at lunch on the roads around the house. The development loop as I call it. Hadn't ran it in some time, figured I'd see what's up in the hood, and ponder my thoughts. Mild breezy sunny day. I need to mow the yard tonight and do some work in the final bed to be mulched, thus the lunchtime run. Also, ran 9 last night on the trails at French Creek with the Lady. The 2 lakes loop. I like to name my routes. As you can see I am on the 9 mile plan this week.

QOTD: Nope, but I'd watch it in your case, being local and all.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NHLA

The original was shot at Lake Lour about 25 miles from me  30 years ago. It was about up state NY but shot in NC.

NorthernHarrier

As Mandy said--rainy and gloomy in this state all week and though I'm 250 miles north of her right now the weather is about the same except a little cooler. On a good note though it is keeping the black flies dormant. Yesterday the sun broke thru for about an hour and it was like a switch was flipped and there were hordes of black flies, clouded over again and they disappeared. So there is that...

Yesterday I did 6 miles on a trail that is usually dry but there was pools of water all over. That has made me rethink running in the Porkies for a few weeks as I know that would be a quagmire in areas. So I ran 13 miles of upland single track not far from here and a place I would call my home course. Lots of blown down timber but it was dry.

QOTD--I actually kinda like the original despite it being a little hokey. That being said I won't be watching the remake anytime soon. Of course since general TV reception went digital a few years back I only can watch DVD's here.  Not ready to pay for dish here when I pay charter a ransom amount for my home. I am usually able to stream football or badger basketball here as needed and really what more do you need?

Mandy--where are you headed?

runtrail--thanks!