Trailer Trash

Where are you (home/primary running area)? (Read 498 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

Buzzards Bay is fairly close to where I live.  Have you ever gone trail running in Dartmouth, MA or Rhode Island?  In RI there is Lincoln Woods and Weetamoo Woods. 

I spent most of my childhood in South Dartmouth, I rode my bike everywhere; from Round Hill

Beach, Westport, New Bedford. Since we've moved back I've stopped in Dartmouth and grabbed

some trail maps, but haven't been back yet to run them. I've read about Lincoln Woods, thanks

for the inside scoop.

snailrunning

Another one here from Kingwood TX.  I run mostly at a park that has fine gravel trails.  Occasionally hit the paved greenbelt.

Trail Dog

I moved to Chicago in August, and am still looking for my home trails. We had great trails in and around metro Atlanta, and into the mountains (Appalachian Trail, Duncan Ridge Trail, Benton Macaye Trail). Chicago and environs has a fantastic forest preserve system, but I've had to come to terms with the meaning of "trail".  In Chicago I put the majority of my weekday miles on a asphalt channel path 2 blocks from my house, and some flat dirt/gravel bridle trails a short 5 minute drive away.  On weekends I will go to Palos Hills, Swallow Cliffs/Sag, Deer Grove, or the DPRT. I supplement all this flat running with one hour power hikes on the treadmill.

I hope to join Mandy on some runs again real soon - heal up my friend!

Runner1304, you should check out Deer Grove.

I'm in Chicago. So, I guess my home trail is the dirt next to the Lake Front path? I run it 4-5 times a week. I try to get out to Palos Hills area and the Des Plaines Trail a couple times a month.

Occasional Runner

As I type this, I'm at my "primary" residence in Ogden Utah, which sits at the base of the Wasatch Front Range. We also own homes in Naples, Florida and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. But I'm not overly loyal to any of the locations and can be found almost anywhere at any time.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Southeast Montana, prairie/badland country- I'm very fortunate in that I have several large areas to run, one is Ft Keogh ag station (was originally a fort during the Indian wars) that is ~ 60,000 acres I have a myriad of loops that range from 6 miles to 30 miles.  There is also a state land/BLM rec area east of town that has some great running as well- it's ~ 6000 acres- it have loops from 3 miles to 14 miles in it.  For easy running (no elevation) I can run along the Yellowstone River.  

I have relatives scattered across the state, so I spend a fair amount of times in the mountains of central and western MT as well Smile

Ft Keogh

Strawberry Hills

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gumby66

Eugene, Or, track city USA but we have a pretty good trail community too. Primary run is the ridgeline trail, I have to drive a bit for real distance and variety. Mckenzie River trail, and Hardesty are my mainstays. I travel a lot so get chances to run in some pretty awesome locations

Weegee

Eugene, Or, track city USA but we have a pretty good trail community too. Primary run is the ridgeline trail, I have to drive a bit for real distance and variety. Mckenzie River trail, and Hardesty are my mainstays. I travel a lot so get chances to run in some pretty awesome locations

Oh gee…  I just realized that I had you confused with another Gumby.  That's embarrassing!

Sorry for any inappropriate comments I might have made about college dorm life, owing me money or a certain 150-mile race.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Near Reno , The Carson Range around Lake Tahoe and the desert .

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

I'm in Thousand Oaks California which is half way between Santa Barbara and Los Angeles along the coast.  My home trail turf is the Santa Monica Mountains in Point Mugu State Park and it's right out my back door.  I'm a lucky guy.

JB

ultraendure.blogspot.com

Southern Indiana, specifically Bloomington.  I've been getting into the trail running world via trails at the area state parks (Brown County, McCormick's Creek), state forest (Morgan-Monroe), and especially at a local recreational area (Paynetown).  I've done several trail races all around the state and look forward to exploring even more.  It's tough with my work schedule to get to the trails except on the weekends, wish that I could change that!

Trail Dog

Southern Indiana, specifically Bloomington.  I've been getting into the trail running world via trails at the area state parks (Brown County, McCormick's Creek), state forest (Morgan-Monroe), and especially at a local recreational area (Paynetown).  I've down several trail races all around the state and look forward to exploring even more.  It's tough with my work schedule to get to the trails except on the weekends, wish that I could change that!

I ran the Tecumseh Trail Marathon yesterday, which is smack dab in the middle of your neck of the woods. Started at Morgan-Monroe and ended at Yellowwood (point-to-point). You need to run that one - I was impressed not only by the scenery and the trails, but also by the race organization. It was meticulous, and run much like an ultra (probably why I ran into so many ultrarunners on the course). I will be back again next year for sure: A++++ event.

I believe DWD Gnaw Bone are run at Brown County State Park - I never even considered this race, but based on what I saw yesterday it is on my list.

I would have been at Tecumseh, but it was my twin daughters' birthday--they said Mom needed to be home.  Yeah, they were right.  Several of my friends ran the race (and won!), so we had a nice celebration this evening with our running group.   I ran the DWD Gnawbone Half last year.  LOVED it!  Will be doing the 50k there in May.  Gnawbone is a blast, the afterparty is a good time.  Hope to see you there!

Trail Dog

Catt -- congrats to your friends! That was a tough race. I was definitely humbled, as my attitude when I registered was, "How difficult could  a race in Indiana possibly be?". I had a good race, but want to go back next because I was sick and want a big PR next year.

Definitely considering Gnaw  Bone- right now it is a toss up between Gnaw Bone 50k, or Ice Age 50M. Ice Age would be my first 50 miler. My intention was to run my first 50M in July or August, but I was willing to fast track it based on the easier terrain in Wisconsin. Based on what I ran yesterday at Tecumseh, no way I would be ready for Gnaw Bone 50M that early in the year (I've got lots of hill/mtn experience since I lived in Atlanta the last 8 years, but the recent move to flat Chicago makes training a bit more of a challenge).

Ultra Cowboy

My ZIP code will get you to Petaluma, CA in Sonoma County, north of San Francisco.  My Home trails are mostly Annadel State Park, Lake Sonoma Recreation Area, and Marin County Open Space with occasional visits to the Marin Headlands or Salt Point State park. 

WYBMADIITY

Save

Southcentral Alaska, about 40mi NE of Anchorage.

Pictures of or from some of my trails.

Matanuska Greenbelt contains the trails I use the most.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog