Trailer Trash

Euro Tuesdaily (Read 35 times)

Chnaiur

I have noticed that my overall muscle strength is decreasing (it can't be age-related, no, it's just a "use it or lose it"-issue, right?), so I'm back to including some strength exercises in my stretching routine. If it just wasn't so cumbersome...

My mantra these days is "It is not age, it is weakness". Feels better to put it in the bucket of controllable things.

Doing 5 easy today.

QOTD: I'm friends with John on Facebook, so I'll count that as 1/4 live person. ;-)

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

muppy

Got in 5.1 easy road miles, and threw in 6 flights of steps at a parking garage for somthing different.

QOTD: I'm friends with John on Facebook, so I'll count that as 1/4 live person. ;-)

Me too, think he just friends everybody, not sure if he knows it's me? I do appreciate all his pictures though!  (John my real name is Mark Maurer but don't tell anybody)

I met trails & cocktails last year at Dirty German, and at Labor Pains I ran a lap or two with AT runner and later a mile or two with his lovely wife, also ran into extreme taper, and Kelly there too.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

The plan was to run after work...now I have to pick up my husband at the bar after work sooo I will probably have a beer and not run.  His truck was totally a couple of days ago so we will be ride sharing until he finds a truck,  I should run as it's beautiful today and rain expected the next 4 days.

Sandy:  Wow 5 days without running...hope it works.

QOTD:  I've met one person it turned out good.  I like her.  Looking forward to meeting more...especially this guy named Burke I know on facebook. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Chnaiur

Me too, think he just friends everybody, not sure if he knows it's me? I do appreciate all his pictures though!  (John my real name is Mark Maurer but don't tell anybody)

My real name is Karl Melzer, but don't tell anyone...

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Not sure if I'm running today,  a good friend had hip replacement surgery today if she's up for company I'll visit her after work . She lived in rural Nevada as a child and broke her hip at age 12 , they didn't know it at the time , it finally gave out on her 40 years later .

QOTD : I have talked with John through emails and FB  hope to meet him at a race this year . I haven't met anyone else but I'm hopeful I'll met Sue & Bjorn this year up at Lake Tahoe.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Meh.. no run this morning. SRD, though suprizingly little word from Uncle DOMS.

I've met Jamezilla, Boyjame, and T&C.

I had Kelly lap me once or twice in the Febapple two years ago.  I musta said "Hi...Good job!" but didn't know him.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

NorthernHarrier

Greetings folks,

Ho-hum, just another day of power walking straight up, trying to run thru some of the most technical trails ever invented, and then trying not to come apart on steep, treacherous descents. I love it.  30 miles in two days and I've got a few more days yet but not sure if my old carcass can handle it.

QOTD--I don't get out much. The only folks I have met have been Scrapster and of course my occasional trail bud Mandy. If things work out maybe I'll get to meet runtrail and Moonlight Runner at a couple of events in Mn. coming up. It would be great to meet some more some day.

BTW--What is Facebook?  

NorthernHarrier

I forgot to mention that I ran into my first wild hog. Not the guys on motorcycles either. Rounded a sharp bend and there he was rooting around at about 20 yards away. Startled both of us. Damn, they're pretty big and they look delicious too. Don't have those critters around the lake states.  Hey LB, aren't you supposed to tackle them and dispatch them with a knife?  ( I'm a closet barbarian)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Pulling up the rear today,

Did 6 miles at a 7 min mile pace.  Thats fast for me.  It felt good to huff and puff a bit.

QOTD: The first trail race I ran was a HasherRick, NJ Trail Series event.  ATRunner helped me out with a scouting report for Ironmasters and I met him and his wife afterwards.  I met JByram randomly while previewing the Mountain Madness course, saw him again at the race and again at Stone Mill.  I also did a mile or so with T&C and Boyjame at Stone Mill.  Definitely nice meeting forumites since I don't know anyone else and I already feel like I "know" yall.

**Ask me about streaking**

LB2

QOTD:  I've met one person it turned out good.  I like her.  Looking forward to meeting more...especially this guy named Burke I know on facebook. 

You gotta watch that guy...

LB2

Occasional Runner

You gotta watch that guy...

Burke isn't bad, but he can't tell a good knock-knock joke to save his life.

LB2

Burke isn't bad, but he can't tell a good knock-knock joke to save his life.

You just weren't in the right mindset to hear the knock-knock. Besides, that was Jo's idea. But the delivery was probably a little awkward. Plus, you had other things on your mind.

LB2

LB2

I forgot to mention that I ran into my first wild hog. Not the guys on motorcycles either. Rounded a sharp bend and there he was rooting around at about 20 yards away. Startled both of us. Damn, they're pretty big and they look delicious too. Don't have those critters around the lake states.  Hey LB, aren't you supposed to tackle them and dispatch them with a knife?  ( I'm a closet barbarian)

I have seen people do that, but I will tell you this story:

A friend of mine who weighs about 300 lbs. put a hog trap on a place we own up in the woods. We went to run the trap and had about a 200 lbs hog in it. He wanted to bring it out of the trap alive and feed it before slaughtering it. So, we rigged up a rope and caught it by the back hoof. I pulled up, using the top of the trap as a sort of pulley. The hog went down, and my buddy started to go in. I told him to stop and explained, "Once you get on top of that hog, it is a true commitment, stronger than any commitment you may have ever made. Because if this thing gets you down in that small space, it is going to be bad." We figured we needed a little more insurance, so I tied the rope off, and we managed to get another rope around its snout and tied that off. I lifted the rope on the back hoof enough to bring the hog to the ground and he got on it to tie its feet. We got it tied up and drug it out of the trap and into the truck. I put a feed sack over its head, and it was like rubbing a dog's belly, calmed down immediately.

LB2