Trailer Trash

Flying through Friday (Read 39 times)

The pooch and I had a great 8 mile trail run in the cool drizzle.  The beech and oaks are getting leaves and the poplars already have had leaves for a bit.

QOTD:  I guess I could be described as a bad weather hard ass.  Over the years on runs, mountain bike trips, hikes, whitewater boating trips, and other outdoor activities companions have at times asked me if I was raised by wolves.  I love rain, fog, snow, sleet, hail, lightning, and thunder.  I like cold weather and have gone so far as to get up early especially to run before it broke zero or the single digits.  I can be a bit more of a hot weather wimp, but despite not liking it I still tough it out rather than stay inside.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

NorthernHarrier

The beech and oaks are getting leaves and the poplars already have had leaves for a bit.

Glad you are having spring. As I type this we are having snow flurries. I have 14" of snow at my shack and in talking with my DNR contact yesterday she said that most of the lakes in northern Wisky have 24"-30" of ice yet under that insulating blanket of snow. Do I sound like like I'm complaining?  Angry  I do like to bitch about the weather so I am having a good spring in that regard. Smile

jonferg67

Endless trails

Glad you are having spring. As I type this we are having snow flurries. I have 14" of snow at my shack and in talking with my DNR contact yesterday she said that most of the lakes in northern Wisky have 24"-30" of ice yet under that insulating blanket of snow. Do I sound like like I'm complaining?  Angry  I do like to bitch about the weather so I am having a good spring in that regard. Smile

I think you live in the right place for that.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I think you live in right place for that.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH WISCONSIN.  Except when we get winter for 6 months straight.  There are snowflakes swirling around outside my office window right now.

Oh, and I'm planning on running 5 miles after work today.

QOTD: I like to think I'm not a wuss.  I run through anything.

Running is dumb.

Snowdenrun

Good Morning Trailers!

Yesterday I actually went to the gym and cross trained! Did push ups, sit ups, chin ups and the rowing machine. I've been trying to talk myself into going to the gym again for months so this was a win. I definitely need to do it more as I am sore today! Compared to last time at the gym my legs are noticeably stronger and bigger muscles, but my abs and arms are lagging. Not weak, but could use some work. Then I rewarded myself with a run from the gym parking lot, which turned into a nice tempo. The only time the sun came out yesterday was on my run which was nice!

QOTD: I think people are wusses too! Someone from work wanted to run trail with me a few weeks ago and then said, "but we gotta wait, there is still some snow. Can't run on the trail with snow." I almost laughed, then I realized he was serious. I think I ran on the treadmill 2 times this winter. To each his own, but a lot of people make a lot of excuses.

runtraildc

Ok, city dweller taking offense at the gross generalizations being made hereSmile.  I have had the lightest week in a long while because most of my options have been very boring ( to me) city streets.  On my way home and really looking forward to some time in my urban woods!  Weather usually doesn't deter me, but i get crabby about wind.

good luck to all the racers this weekend!

Ultra Cowboy

This conversation reminds me of one I had a few weeks ago.

it revolved around how "Cowboys" were getting scarce, and I was reminded that "you just can't see 'em from the road" .  I think the same is true for trail runners.

When I run down out of the State park, after a couple hours, to the regional walking path around the lake, I get the same stares as when I went to town to re-supply in Idaho.  Maybe it is the smell?

WYBMADIITY

Save

Sandy-2

SRD for me today.

Good luck to those racers out there.

By the way, who is that LB2 person????

qotd: I'll run in anything except lightening.  Not sure what that makes me though?

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL